Old timey sterling bracelet or junk?

Auby

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a long last two days... Hunted Til 5 in the morning cause I had the fever from the other image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg nights successes. I should know better and just quit while I'm ahead but nope! Last night I detected in two old parks that I know contain goodys but it was a clad overload for me. Starting to lose faith in my f2 because I feel like all the old coins are deeper than what me fisher is capable of. Anyhow today was shaping up to be like yesterday with nothing interesting to show not even a stinking wheaty! Those are still rare for me... I decide to Push my luck once more since half the day was already gone I might as well huh? On my way home I stop by a little park near my house that I hadn't gone over before. Clad, trash, more clad, more trash. Then, this thing. No stamp but it Looks silver, sounds silver, compared to the sterling silver spoon it looks the same and both have a very faint magnetic reaction as silver usually does... It has a tinny, ringy, sound to it. But I could be wrong! I hope for the sake of having something to be happy about from the days hunts. What do you guys think? Is it a sterling bracelet? Also take a look at this gold junk pendant I dug as well. At least I think it's junk? Once again you tell me... It was very far in the ground and have me a pull tab signal... Retained its color too while it was in the dirt! Happy hunting folk

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be too quick to trade in your F2 - I'm sure it's just fine ! Get to know it over a couple of years - that's not a Radio Shack piece
of garbage . A lot of parks are picked over pretty good ! Hard to give you much info on the bracelet with just that pic. Did you find
the silver spoon somewhere ? Welcome to T-net ! ( the jewelry piece in the last pic does look like junk to me )

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your next investment is a metals test kit.trust me you gonna be glad you did.we can tell you nothing from photos.nickle,aluminum,platinum and silver all look the same in a pic.hit amazon...I recomend the puritest kit...get the big one with scale,files,diamond tester etc....bout 50 bucks

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably modern, part of 3-4 bangle bracelet set worn at the same time. A lot of these are aluminum, but there are silver ones as well.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all silver is marked - But most will be, either 925 or sterling. Did you check for markings with a magnifier?

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver is easy to test. Get aluminum foil spit on it and wrap the wet foil around the silver. Rub it against it and let it sit for 20 seconds. Open it up and it will stink badly if it is real silver. Other metals don't react this way. Try it on a real silver piece to know the smell for sure. Coolest Trick I know and cheap! I use this in the field with foil wrasppers if I need to! Of course wash the item when done.

Skippy

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auby,Nice finds. I wouldn't give up on your f2 yet. I haven't used that detector but I have felt the same more than one time myself. I'm not finding anything good,something is wrong with my machine, a more expensive detector would find deeper,better targets,maybe its me,on and on it goes. Then you find something good,and your doubts and worries are gone, and you forget about it. It's what I call a Slump. We all go through this,no matter how long we've been doing this. GL&HH

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job my buddy used to love his F2

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds... What coil are you using? Hopefully you have the 11" DD coil. I used the F4 last season and upgraded to the F75LTD SE. I have yet to pull any coins that the F4 could not have found. I do like all the feature the F75 comes with.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auby,Nice finds. I wouldn't give up on your f2 yet. I haven't used that detector but I have felt the same more than one time myself. I'm not finding anything good,something is wrong with my machine, a more expensive detector would find deeper,better targets,maybe its me,on and on it goes. Then you find something good,and your doubts and worries are gone, and you forget about it. It's what I call a Slump. We all go through this,no matter how long we've been doing this. GL&HH

Slump??? What is the meaning of this word, I forget...:icon_scratch:

If you want older without going deeper then you need to research & find a good ploughed field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread