What's new

Old tool ID needed ***SOLVED***

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the highlight of my day yesterday was this old tool. ;D
I dug it in the backyard of an 1847 house. I'm assuming it was some sort of soldering tool or blacksmiths tool? :dontknow:
The handle section as you can see was made of iron, and the tip is copper.
Any idea what it was used for & possibly the age?
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-175S.webp
    MVC-175S.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 404
  • MVC-176S.webp
    MVC-176S.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 400
  • MVC-177S.webp
    MVC-177S.webp
    18 KB · Views: 391
Re: Old tool ID needed

soldering iron/tip
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Re: Old tool ID needed

mojjax said:
soldering iron/tip

Thanks Mojjax.
You never let us down on IDing old tools. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-
 
Upvote 0
I thought it was a cure for hemmorhoids :laughing9:.......NGE
 
Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
I thought it was a cure for hemmorhoids :laughing9:.......NGE

It could be, but I'm not volunteering to be the test pilot. :o :tongue3: :laughing9:
-MM-
 
Upvote 0
A soldering tip comprising 50-95 weight percent uncoated copper particles and 5-50 weight percent iron particles is prepared by a method in which the particles are compacted, sintered and shaped into a soldering tip. The soldering tips are durable, resistant to pitting by molten solder, and thermally conductive..... :wink:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom