What's new

Old Washington headed Qtr.

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
1,122
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see there are dozens of tail side designs. The Qtr. I found may have a horizontal strong arm and fist holding something like wheat. Would anyone recognize it's age by that back side,?
 
It should have a date on it.
 
It should have a date on it.
You can't read it, it is like 85% obscured.
IMG_20220325_200811.webp
IMG_20220325_200800.webp
 
Last edited:
I tried to wash it again. It kind of looks like a fat airplane or bee with a lot of words across the whole backside. It might be 1932, or 1931? I am fairly close to Carson City, NV where they mint coins too.
 
It is pretty rough, the Wright Brothers coin is a dollar though, and would be the size of a silver dollar. Good luck!
 
Try this. The pictures are really blurry but in the top picture I see the top center of the coin rotated left to about the 10:30 position. Now I see a man facing right wearing a wide brimmed hat and maybe (or maybe not) smoking a cigar. He kind of reminds me of John Wayne. Can you see it or is it my over active imagination?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom