What's new

older silver commemorative -- PICS

Bjorn_MD

Full Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
236
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Picked up some boxes last night and found one of them had some good numbers.
19 40%ers
and a 1926 Sesquicentennial of American Independence Half Dollar.

It's a neat coin, I really like it.

Other boxes had far less silver but still managed 1 walker, 1 ben, and 1 '64 Kennedy from the other two.

Maybe I'll post a pic later if you all want to see it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7493.webp
    IMG_7493.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_7494.webp
    IMG_7494.webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
Re: older silver commemorative

found one of those in my father in laws collection. really neat coin...nice finds
 
Re: older silver commemorative

Can we see a picture of it?
 
Re: older silver commemorative

if bjorn doent post a pic (its his thread) then i'll post one of mine....it is a nice coin
 
Re: older silver commemorative

I'd love to find one of the state commems. namely my home state of RI. I've never even seen them in a shop... my guys always have like Vermont ones out, and a very rare Conn. but whenever they get a home state one in it is sold within a day or two.

~Dave
 
Re: older silver commemorative

Silver_Fox said:
Can we see a picture of it?

Yes!
 
i've been looking for mine but its eluding me.....how do you know what state its from?
 
Awesome find Bjorn. Too bad though it looks like someone improperly cleaned it based on the surface appearance of the coin in the photo. But it is still way better than anything else we normally find searching thru halves. The only "commemorative" I seem to get are those stupid gold plated date stamped pieces of crap.

I hope to find one like yours or one of the other older silver commemorative I have seen on here.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom