What's new

Olive Oil

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
1,221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All.
I've read many threads on cleaning coins/relics and how a good "soak" in olive oil helps. I'm even doing so.
Question; once you've decided the appropriate "soak" time has reached its limit, what then?
Does one wash with hot water and soap, just rinse or simply wipe excess oil from coin/relic?
I have two coins soaking, ready for removal, yet I just realized I know not what to do with 'em when removed.
Thanks All...
Peace
 
Hello All.
I've read many threads on cleaning coins/relics and how a good "soak" in olive oil helps. I'm even doing so.
Question; once you've decided the appropriate "soak" time has reached its limit, what then?
Does one wash with hot water and soap, just rinse or simply wipe excess oil from coin/relic?
I have two coins soaking, ready for removal, yet I just realized I know not what to do with 'em when removed.
Thanks All...
Peace
Check out the cleaning and preservation section Kid. They got it going on I am not sure the oil bath is actually the best.
 
Thanks TnM. Will do.
wainzoid, I've heard long soaks to well? After your prolonged patience, wish you would have had better results.
Thank you both.
Peace
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom