What's new

OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

patpall22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
436
Reaction score
174
Golden Thread
0
Location
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Hey All,

I had one of the best days of my life today. I picked up my two boxes of halves and was a bit bummed that one of the boxes did not even have a seal and was already picturing myself searching through a box that had been tampered with. First box was great. got 5 64's, 1 Ben, and 8 40%'ers. The second box gave me a reason to never ever in the whole world give up CHR ever. I quickly got a 64 and as I profiled one of the rolls in my hand, I noticed a thin rimmed 90% and to my surprise I was my First Barber. I wanted to post a pic immediately but left my USB camera connection 400 or so miles north(Carmel). I have a printer with a scanner but I could not find the USB for that either. I decided to look through the rest of the box and wouldn't you know it, I found a second Barber. I don't usually post my box totals because nothing all that amazing ever comes out of them but here they are. ( two boxes )

64'rs--->7
Bens--->2 (1963), (1954)
Barbers->2 (1908), (1911)
40%'ers ->18
and one Republic of Liberia 5$ piece
 

Attachments

  • barbers.webp
    barbers.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 474
  • bens barbers & kens.webp
    bens barbers & kens.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Wow that is unusual. Congrats....aa
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Congrats. I found a Barber dime but still looking for a Barber Half. Great finds.
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Nice find. I keep thinking everytime I go through a box that this might be the time I find a Barber. Not yet. A little worn but still purty.
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Wow Just amazing!!!

I cant wait to Find one to Freak out!!!!


Happy Hunting,
CC
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Double congrats. HH Mark
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

congrats!!!
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Congratulations Patpal!!! I'm happy for ya! I sometimes wonder what that feeling would be like to pluck one of those suckers out of a box. Sometimes I fantasize about leaving a bank with some hand rolled halves and finding a solid barber roll!! I guess I'm getting greedy now! Congrats again!!! Gpurs..
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Congrats on the double Barbers! :o I would get some more boxes from that same bank ASAP! ;)
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Thanks you guys, although a pretty worn, it still felt good. I just wonder where they have been for so many years. I'm also a bit upset B/C I think I'm finally getting down to some good boxes and have to go back Up to My Parents after finals ( this week) where I have gotten nothing but skunk boxes :(. who knows though.

GPURS said:
Congratulations Patpal!!! I'm happy for ya! I sometimes wonder what that feeling would be like to pluck one of those suckers out of a box. Sometimes I fantasize about leaving a bank with some hand rolled halves and finding a solid barber roll!! I guess I'm getting greedy now! Congrats again!!! Gpurs..

thanks GPURS, I have that same fantasy every time I get the hand rolls from a bank. I don't think that it is out of the question. In the right place at the right time, maybe we'll both get our dream roll.
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Outstanding finds!!!!!!!
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Nice finds.

Still looking to find my first silver Barber. Found a couple of V-nickels, but yet to find a silver one.

Any mintmarks on the Barbers? They would be on the reverse below the eagle.

Also what is the date on the coin from Liberia.
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

hey gunner,

the 1908 is an o
the 1911 has no mint mark
the Liberian coin is from 2000
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Sweet finds my friend, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy
 
Re: OMG. I got my frist Barber (freaked out) & then got another!!!

Nice!!!
Congrats X 2!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom