What's new

OMG! I must have died and gone to Texas.

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
502
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
High temperatures and ungodly humidity has the heat indices in the triple digits today. Could only muster about 4 hours before calling it quits. Used the T-shovel because the ground continues to be very hard. Must have bounced off the T-handle a dozen or so times because the ground was so hard.

Did manage a couple keepers.

SN and SLD 072316.webp

Finds 072316.webp

Today's finds...

1885 Seated Liberty Dime
1873 Shield Nickel (Closed 3)
V-Nickel (Yes that's a V-nickel...date:dontknow:)
2 IHPs...1881, ?
Large musket ball
Great Seal of the United States...slightly toasted

PBS
 
Upvote 54
Excellent digs. Shields and seateds are always a welcome sight. Nice job
 
Last edited:
If Texas has keepers like that, I movin'!! Great finds............:thumbsup:
 
That's a great hunt! Good job by you!
 
You are a champion of endurance.
 
Great finds, it was definitely worth toiling in the heat!
 
Awesome finds!!! 3 years and I've yet to find an 1800's coin! Be lucky to find a seated, even the usual silvers slow for me lol. Congrats! !!
 
You're much hotter than the weather.
Congrats on the Seated and the Shield.
 
Well done...like that silver!
 
Hard work, great finds, successful day- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Freaking Sweet! :skullflag:
 
I would consider that a good hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Quoted this before. After the cuvil war, Phil Sheridan got sent to two different forts in Texas. His comment was, "If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell". Now you know why...
 
Phil WHO?!?!? :laughing7:
 
Congratulations downstate neighbor. Great finds for our state.
 
I guess you did find a couple keepers!
Sweet Seated!
 
Great finds on a hot day. Being able to stay out for 4 hours is pretty good in the heat.
 
Any day you dig a seated is a great day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom