OMG! Two Large Honker Gold Rings Found Today With The Garrett AT Gold (Happy Happy)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
tuesall-3.jpg

Hit a spot today, hoping to get some fresh air and a few keepers. I had just finished 7 days in a row on my orthopedic unit and was really looking forward to today's hunt. And go figure, I had no intentions of really finding anything of value, yet had my best gold in grams hunt this year, plus some loot and a musket ball.

tuesringdigger.jpg

The musket ball was a complete surprise today. I have never found any out in this area. The long new Garrett digger came in handy today getting some of the targets out of the ground. The last ring on the right was actually buried under a 6 inch diameter rock.

tuesalltwirings.jpg

Here are the two large rings I dug up. The gold worth of both rings combined at today's spot price came out to be $583.13. Not too bad for an afternoon of getting exercise and having fun!

addon.jpg

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new to this addiction and would like to know what your gold rang in at. I just purchased the AT Pro and have been trying to learn the different tones. Thanks for any info you can provide.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find :icon_thumright: Wishing you many more. HH

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You weren't kidding when you said "honkers"! Congratulations!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great time out John!

Did you use the AT? It's in the picture.......... but I know you have a lot of them.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I'm new to this addiction and would like to know what your gold rang in at. I just purchased the AT Pro and have been trying to learn the different tones. Thanks for any info you can provide.

The VDI will vary from site to site and detector to detector depending on a lot of variables. But it's safe to say it was in the PULL TAB range.... If you ain't digging pull tabs, you ain't digging gold.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Here are the VDI numbers

vdi.jpg

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
I used the AT Gold, true all metal mode with the 5 x 8 coil.

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what I find.

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I'm planning on upgrading to the AT series soon. I see surf in the background of your first pic, is that salt water? I'm moatly interested in the AT Pro since I heard the AT gold isn't good for salt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions