What's new

One if by land, two if by creek

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
2,183
Reaction score
3,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The forecast for yesterday was for sunny skies with a high in the seventies so I took the day off and headed back to the colonial site that I have been working the past few weeks. I put on my waders and headed into a creek close to the site where I have found relics before.

Pickens were slim in the creek and the only period relics I found were part of a wagon wheel and a file. Also recovered from the creek was the end of a fossilized bison humerus (leg bone).

The quest continued on land back at the site. Not long after I was joined by vmiairpwr07 for a couple of hours. Once again Jon took me to school and recovered several nice finds (see his post for details). The rest of my day was pretty slow with the best find being an intact pewter cuff button. Other finds included a door latch identical to one I found there last weekend, melted lead & the usual pipe stems and pottery. I think that will be my last trip to the site as the law of diminishing returns is catching up with me.
 

Attachments

  • 1454532448446.webp
    1454532448446.webp
    51 KB · Views: 161
  • 1454532462686.webp
    1454532462686.webp
    59 KB · Views: 172
  • 1454532482266.webp
    1454532482266.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 1454532495686.webp
    1454532495686.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 1454532511896.webp
    1454532511896.webp
    131.1 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 24
If that wasn't a hunt assisted by a sifter, I would definitely turn it into one.
Congrats on your finds
 
DnD good digs I wish I had known you were down because I went also. You could have mer me at the Watermelon patch. Some neat things came out last night including 2 buckles and a couple great Coins.
 
DnD good digs I wish I had known you were down because I went also. You could have mer me at the Watermelon patch. Some neat things came out last night including 2 buckles and a couple great Coins.

Awesome-we'll have to go pick some melons sometime.
 
Congrats on the goodies
 
Awesome-we'll have to go pick some melons sometime.

I understand new crop will be coming in Friday. Moonlight picking is always best. Hope ya pick some Nice BIG ones. And try and keep Flyboy away from. Darlene. :laughing7:
 
I understand new crop will be coming in Friday. Moonlight picking is always best. Hope ya pick some Nice BIG ones. And try and keep Flyboy away from. Darlene. :laughing7:

Big, small, sectioned, I like all sizes of melons. Can't wait to meet Cletus; and about Flyboy, I can't control him-you know how those Top Guns are.
 
Yeah he's been doing flybys all day hoping to make a landing after 5. If Uncle Cletus catches him with Darlene the only thing he'll be flying is a tractor.
 
Great finds nice to have someone to hunt with also Nice stuff
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom