One in Five Divorces Blamed on Facebook

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2]One in Five Divorces Blamed on Facebook[/h]
What's Facebook?

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sensed the site might cause me marital issues so me and my wife agreed to get off years ago. Then I bought a metal detector and our relationship got better

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the reply Crispin, This is just one of many reasons we do not have facebook in our home. My wife tried it because her friends all were into it. Lasted about 6 months and then some trashy clients of where she works found her and were very inappropriate and that was the end of that. I really see no reason on earth to be on Facebook or any web site of that nature. The way I see it is it is a very dangerous world and why invite trouble. In other words what true good can come of it?

I don't think you can blame the form of communication for what is said. I've had people send me inappropriate things on Facebook, I laugh at it and show my wife. I think that blaming facebook for divorce is like blaming the phone company for the telemarketers who call. The content of the message is not the fault of the messenger.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't think you can blame the form of communication for what is said. I've had people send me inappropriate things on Facebook, I laugh at it and show my wife. I think that blaming facebook for divorce is like blaming the phone company for the telemarketers who call. The content of the message is not the fault of the messenger.

True it is not the messenger 's fault, however it is the vehicle in which opportunity to cheat rides in ....

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
It's the nature of the beast. If you drink too muck whiskey you might get drunk. Exposing yourself to a device that has a negative potential is itself a problem.
I once brought a snake in my house to check it out for awhile. The snake went bazerk. I learned to be careful what you let in your house.
It's the weak point of the argument that "guns don't kill people." Devices of many kinds create opportunity for problems. I would have been better off to not bring the snake in.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's the nature of the beast. If you drink too muck whiskey you might get drunk. Exposing yourself to a device that has a negative potential is itself a problem.
I once brought a snake in my house to check it out for awhile. The snake went bazerk. I learned to be careful what you let in your house.
It's the weak point of the argument that "guns don't kill people." Devices of many kinds create opportunity for problems. I would have been better off to not bring the snake in.

Now by gosh,that is some thought dude!

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Facebook. Unfortunately if you were born in the 90's you've been severly infected. Just remember folks to keep logging into to the #1 website in the world for viruses, child molestors and rapists.
Oh but you must be 13 to join, that's a responsible enough age, MY ASS.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Facebook. Unfortunately if you were born in the 90's you've been severly infected. Just remember folks to keep logging into to the #1 website in the world for viruses, child molestors and rapists.
Oh but you must be 13 to join, that's a responsible enough age, MY ASS.

Link! I do believe we agree on one more thing!! Facebook is horrible, I like the way you put it "infected " that is exactly what facebook has done to our culture. And you are correct about 13 being way to young. If I had a young daughter I can assure you facebook would be completely off limits until she moved out of my house. And for anyone thinking I am controlling, nope just sensible.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Testosterone too! You don't want to live in a thought/emotion world,how can you avoid accidents when your body is in the moment,and,your mind is somewhere else,we could walk into all kinds of catastrophes eyes wide open and not even see it.

I've told women that for a man, testosterone is probably the strongest drug they will ever take. A young man will do things on T that they would not do when the effects of T diminish with age. A little compassion here.
Strange though, as many problems T caused when young, why all the effort to get it back?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've told women that for a man, testosterone is probably the strongest drug they will ever take. A young man will do things on T that they would not do when the effects of T diminish with age. A little compassion here.
Strange though, as many problems T caused when young, why all the effort to get it back?

I recon it's an EGO thing!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Physical and psychological dependence .................... you gotta know where your thoughts come from.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I know I have done things when I was young I totally regret now. I guess I will blame it on T

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just last week here in Maine (supposed to be one of the safest states....LOL!) a 15 year old girl met some creep on Facebook and ran off with him. Just another example of Facebook filth...

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread