Broken knee
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 12, 2009
- Messages
- 1,909
- Reaction score
- 785
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- in your back yard
- Detector(s) used
- excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
MJ, I'm not sure if it is a lion or not I think so but the crown leads me to believe it's British. as for the back mark I get Fokson and rux on the bottomMontana Jim said:Would like to see the letters better or have you type in what you can see... and, is that a horse, lion, or ? on the front?

Thanks, Montauk that will make him happy they don't list what it sold for though.Montauk said:Pretty sure made by A or J Fonson of Bruxelles (Brux) or Brussels, Belgium. A family run casting house with a long history of making buttons, medals, swords etc. From what I can tell they did a fair amount of work for countries other than Belgium. I think I see the British Union Jack within the draped shield under the rampant lion on the face of your button. (Can't trust my eyes.) I found a listing for your button also dug in Massachusetts placing its style around 1812.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/dug-civil-war-relic-large-lion-with-shield
Montauk said:Pretty sure made by A or J Fonson of Bruxelles (Brux) or Brussels, Belgium. A family run casting house with a long history of making buttons, medals, swords etc. From what I can tell they did a fair amount of work for countries other than Belgium. I think I see the British Union Jack within the draped shield under the rampant lion on the face of your button. (Can't trust my eyes.) I found a listing for your button also dug in Massachusetts placing its style around 1812.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/dug-civil-war-relic-large-lion-with-shield