One Silver Ring and its a nice one!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning i attended a club hunt that took us to a farm that dates back to the late 1700's. Unfortunately, most of us walked away empty handed. Some cool buttons were found but that was about it. So, after a couple hours of finding nothing, i hit the road and headed back to my trusty dusty clad park.

As usual, lots of pull tabs, can slaw and clad and then a RING!

Its not gold but its closer to gold than the bling i have been finding over the past couple weeks.

Here it is fresh out of the ground.

IMG_2941.JPG

And here it is cleaned up a bit...the inside markings say NF 925 and Thailand

IMG_2945.JPG FullSizeRender (4).jpg

I will hit it with a sonic cleaner later on.

One other interesting fact. It rang up as a mid tone 55 on my Impact using VLX2 20khz but, after it came out of the ground, it rang up at 82 with a high tone. Not sure why, nothing else was in the hole. Maybe ground conditions?

HH everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a purdy one. Nice work. 🙌

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring! May have been soil conditions throwing off the signal. Congrats on your find! :occasion14:

Dsorgnzd

Sep 23, 2003
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot,
White's5900 Di Pro,
Compass Relic Magnum 7A
I think I was at the same hunt. I found 14 cents and a dog-leash snap hook. I'm glad somebody got a nice find today. Your ring is even better than the cast-iron stove piece. :icon_thumright:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty ring, I'm sure my wife would scarf that unit up! I recently dug a silver ring, with KOREA and .925 stamped inside, kind of like yours but mine is not as blingy, and cleaned up beautiful with a few dabs of aluminum polish. Congrats on a great find, Ddf.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stone looks like Alexandrite - if you notice a pronounced color change between sunlite and artificial light , it would pretty much confirm it .

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring! May have been soil conditions throwing off the signal. Congrats on your find! :occasion14:

That is the only thing i can think of. I had no idea a signal could change so much. Just goes to show us all, cherry picking leaves lots of cherries behind.

I think I was at the same hunt. I found 14 cents and a dog-leash snap hook. I'm glad somebody got a nice find today. Your ring is even better than the cast-iron stove piece. :icon_thumright:

Yep, i found 2 nickels and about 6 or 8 modern pennies. Everyone there pretty much came to the same conclusion. The yard has been hit hard. In some ways, i am glad i didn't find anything great. The lack of finds motivated me to hit the park and find this ring.

Very pretty ring, I'm sure my wife would scarf that unit up! I recently dug a silver ring, with KOREA and .925 stamped inside, kind of like yours but mine is not as blingy, and cleaned up beautiful with a few dabs of aluminum polish. Congrats on a great find, Ddf.

LOL my wife is not a jewelry person and rarely wears rings but this one caught her attention. Looks like the ground giveth and the wife taketh away!

The stone looks like Alexandrite - if you notice a pronounced color change between sunlite and artificial light , it would pretty much confirm it .

The stone is mostly purple but refracts blues and greens in the light. The best way to describe it is Oil on water.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one beautiful ring. I really like the stone. Congratulations on a real nice find.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring recovery! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring!! IYAOYAS!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread