jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day in March, John Ready walked into the Parking and Transit Office, 1501 Irving Hill Rd., to pay his $10 parking ticket. He carried with him a bright pink envelope holding his ticket and his method of payment — a bag full of 1,000 pennies.

But Ready, a senior from Dallas, wasn’t allowed to pay his ticket with pennies because a department payment policy stated that fines could not be paid in coins. Annoyed, Ready decided to take action to end the policy.

“I figured since they wasted my time giving me this ticket, I am going to waste theirs,” Ready said. “Besides, no one really likes the parking department.”

http://www.kansan.com/news/2010/apr/21/one-thousand-pennies/?news

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
“I figured since they wasted my time giving me this ticket, I am going to waste theirs,” Ready said. “Besides, no one really likes the parking department.”

wasnt his car parked illegally, maybe the next time he will remember to feed the meter
but it is cool he fought for payment with coin which is legal tender,

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story, but I have heard it pre-internet a few times before. What did he actually prove?

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I had a problem with a local book store that kept insisting they had ordered a book for me, even after I informed them that the distributor had no record of any orders from them. This went on for weeks, and their nasty comments to me didn't help. Finally, when the book arrived, I figured the total cost with tax and got the amount in pennies from the bank. I was going to dump them on their floor, but I decided to be a nice guy and just handed them the bag.
I didn't wait for them to count the pennies.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1000 pennies @ an ave of 150 per lb., = 6.6 lb, x $3.50 = $ 23 Us more or less. The dept goofed.

Don Jose d e La Mancha

p.s. Yes, I am aware of personel dept. costs to handle it. most are just drinkin coffee anyways. he he he

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I bought a washing machine from Sears in Nov '09 with no-interest, no-payments for 24 months. In January I got a call from CitiCorpGroup, or something like that, who handles Sears' billings. Took 30 minutes to get it straightened out. Got the same call in mid-March. "Ma'am, you behind $84 in your payments, plus a late charge." Same thing straightening it out. Got the same call in mid-April. For the third time, got it straightened out with Sears and CitiCorp. Nobody gives a d*amn anymore how they conduct business. I'm waiting until the last month to pay it off. In the meanwhile, I'm waiting for next month's call.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must be how the no-payments for 24 months scam works.

collect late fees from those to timid to speak up

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a 4000 penny parking ticket the other day >:( And there was 15 min. left on the meter still :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread