only one!

Transplanted Texan, now living in Athens and loving the weather.
Still learning the area so haven't done much hunting. Pounded the front yard when we first got here found $5.97 and 5 matchbox cars so am hoping all the yards I hunt will pay off as well as mine did.

To Kathy 1945, go to an Ace hardware store and buy a steel trowel from their garden center, they are unbendable and are confortable to use, long lasting and much better than those sold at metal detector stores.
Good hunting... :)

hello all im scott im tryn to find any1 who would like to md and knows of a area we can go to im new to area was born here but been living in georgia last 23 yrs, living in huntingdon now any1 up for a day of md just give me a yell out

Hello fellow tennesseans!!!!!!!!!!

I live in paris Tn. Benn md for about 20 years but haven't been active again until about 6 months ago. I just bought an ace 250 and i love it. wish all of you the best of luck and merry christmas!!!!!!!!!

Tnredneck

Hello everyone!

Hope all you Tennesseans have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

I'm going to do a bit of traveling, and won't be on the Net much for a couple of weeks, but since it's relic season, I'm interested in doing some diggin' as soon as I get back. For those of you that don't know me, I'm Roger, from Clarksville (Ft. Campbell, KY area, I-24, exit 4).

Give me a shout here, if you're interested in looking for some CW relics after the first of the year. (Notice I didn't say anything about 'finding' anything.........no promises). Am also interested in going to YOUR sites, if you care to share.

Later, and HH

Roger

Chattanooga checking in here. Anybody make there way down here to hunt be glad to help you out plus i hate to hunt alone. Been doing this off and on for about 10 years now.

Chris

also a west tennesseean! Big Tennessee Vol fan! I usually hunt old home places.

LOBELVILLE Tn......... out here in the middle of nowhere.....

I've been trying to locate likely areas for civil war relic hunting. I know about the campaign at Johnsonville, Henry and Donnelson, and I know that battlefields per se are off limits, but they must have many camping spots as they traveled to these locations from Corinth, Jackson, etc. Soldiers lose a lot of stuff while overnighting, and even on marches. Does anyone have a good source for determining where these places might be? I'd prefer to stay in the woods and fields as opposed to tot lots, playgrounds and the like because people make fun of me. So I'm on the track of soldiers en route to those battles. How can you determine where they might have stopped off? I'm in Benton County, in particular Camden. Thank you for any tips you can give me. If someone has a theory and are close by, I'd sure be happy to try it out with them.

Cleveland, Tenn. here. Lots of potential spots to hunt here, just need to get out and do some footwork to get permissions.

Scott

Alexandria, TN here. Anyone wants to go dt-ing give me a shout. I have some good places to go maybe you will too. ;D

Anyone who lives near Memphis and is into metal detecting and treasure hunting might be interested in joining the Memphis Metal Detector Club. Visitors are always welcome at the monthly meetings! You can find the club website at http://www.memphistreasure.com.

Great link, 3rdof8; thanks for it. I'm also looking into the battle of Johnsonville. I'm kind of clueless about research in this area, but I AM trying. I'm also a little shy about asking permission to hunt. If you get over this way ANYTIME please let me know, and you will definitely have at least one hunting partner. And I'll even bring the tuna sandwiches! Seriously, though, thanks for your help.

Im interested in any info on civil war activity in the Johnson City area. I know about Fort Stokes near Johnsons Depot, and I know about a battle fought around 1863 or so near Carters Station. I know the rebs chased the yanks back from Carters station to Johnsons Depot and broke chase...any more info anyone?? Looking to hunt some relics very soon!

HH

A80

Thanks 3rdof8. It's a great map. It's too high for my budget, but I copied the pic from the listing. I know that's really crappy, but it's only for me to look at. Are you a Tn'an? You seem to know a lot about the Civil War. Is that your special MD area?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back