only one!

Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

Got another one in the state now - Northeast (Tri-Cities area) Live in Church Hill, work in Washington County. Been wanting one for quite some time now. Finally bought one (Ace 250) this Christmas so my wife could give it to me as a Christmas present. :P Going to get a little exercise and learn some history (which I neglected in school) now.

I live in Murfreesboro, and don't have anyplace to hunt yet. Got my eye on some , however.
Can't wait for it to warm up some. This cold hurts too much lol
Joe

Howdy all....

Another here from East Tennessee, Piney Flats to be exact. Lived in the area all my Life, Grew up and lived in Elizabethton until 1992 and moved to Piney flats. My interest are mostly CW Relic Hunting and Coin Shooting. Started out coin hunting with a DFX 5 years ago and moved into Relic Hunting about 3 years ago. Still have my DFX but mostly use a Fisher F75 now. Good to see others in this area hunting, Now stay out of my Relic Sites ;D.... Just kidding theres enough for everyone, if I can't find it I'm tickled to see someone else do well... Y'all take it easy....Jim

arrowman80 said:
Im interested in any info on civil war activity in the Johnson City area. I know about Fort Stokes near Johnsons Depot, and I know about a battle fought around 1863 or so near Carters Station. I know the rebs chased the yanks back from Carters station to Johnsons Depot and broke chase...any more info anyone?? Looking to hunt some relics very soon!

HH

A80

Howdy Arrowman, I work in Johnson City. I've learned quite a bit about the skirmishes that happened at Carter's Depot ( Watauga ) from the offical records of the Civil War. The site that I visit is Cornell University, The Making of America. They have a great search engine that allows you to type in a word or words like " Johnson's Depot " Then it brings up every thing listed about it. Then just click away to your hearts content. Also google books is a good source. Hunting in Watauga will be a little difficult though, it's pretty hard to get permission. According to what I've been told some Hunters we're on some of the land there and left trash and open holes in the fields and pretty much ruined it for the rest of us. I still try to find places there and maybe some day the land that I want to hunt will pan out. Good luck to you in relic hunting, you'll be hooked at the first bullet for sure. Take it easy... Jim

People from Ohio can not hunt, on Tennessee land!!! Remember. we are Yankees..lol .Funny thing is ,I'm also from Ohio,and live in Tennessee!! :...Hi my name is Randy and I'm from NW Ohio...Live in Warren county, Tenn

Just to let you know, I am alive and well in Tennessee too. Born, raised and GOD willing will die and be buried here. ;D I live about 15 minutes from Murfreesboro and 25 minutes from Warren County (McMinnville). I am new to md and don't know any sites to go to. Hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a cheapo Wal Mart Pioneer EX Bounty Hunter, but it will do until I find the motherload of treasure and can afford to buy a more advanced md.

I would appreciate advice on where to look and how to find spots. THANKS!

originally from SE Kentucky.Moved here in 81,stayed for a couple years then moved to S.C. Stayed there bout three years then moved back to SE Tenn.Love these mountains,so reckon I'll stay this time.I'm sixty years old.Love estate sales,flea markets,bottle digging,and metal detecting.Got my first metal detector when I was 17,been hooked ever since.I live between Knoxville and Chattanooga.Didn't know we had so many from Tn. on here.I'm new here,bout my first post,just been hanging around reading the forum.Figured I might as well introduce myself.Now I got to figure out how to put up an avatar.Love treasure net,lot of great information and people on here.Been on some other forums and this is the b :hello:est by far.Want to do more relic hunting,mostly coin hunted before. good luck to all Fred

I am just outside of Nashville....Lebanon area

hello,old fart I am in Madisonville,not far from Athens.My knees and back ain't much good so I don't get to hunt as much as I would like to.Lately the weather has been too hot to do anything.I'm 60 and don't do much anymore.Got my boy interested and he goes pretty often.Been waiting for a rain to get the ground wet,theres a house site in Englewood I want to check again.Have you tried the park in Niota?Haven't been there in 10 or12 years,but used to be a good place to hunt.

Murfreesboro TN here.

Pulaski some, Franklin some
;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back