Order of menu items on My Stuff

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to propose that the order of the items under the My Stuff menu be changed. I sometimes use a netbook that has limited resolution. Dropping down the My Stuff menu means that you only see about 5 entries before you have to scroll (which is very painful on a netbook).

It seems like it would make more sense to put the most common options toward the top of the menu. Currently, there are things near the top like Layout and Visibility that I've never even used. I certainly don't need to see them near the top every single time I drop the menu down.

I would propose something like:

PM Inbox
Unread Replies
All Unread
Mark All Read (it would be better if this was not directly under All Unread to keep people from accidentally clicking it)
etc.....

These functions are the ones I use the most. What menu options does everyone else use the most? Keep in mind that we have people now using netbooks, tablets, and cell phones to view this site.

S

stefen

I would suspect that you will find a myriad of personalized option favored by everyone.

When Marc built this site, he provided for all possible menu selections...and I would assume there is no logic to the order...

Just because one person may have an issue with the order does not mean their preferred order is acceptable by others...however, there is always the possibility that each person may have the ability to personalize his or her pull-down menu...(doubtful though)

Right now it ain't broke...so why fix it :thumbsup:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Go under profile then click on look and layout options at the left side of the page. At the top of that page it says "current theme" and it has a change link next to it. Click that and set it for "old fashioned" and the drop down menus should go back to they way they were before, all listed out at the top and bottom of each page.

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
Go under profile then click on look and layout options at the left side of the page. At the top of that page it says "current theme" and it has a change link next to it. Click that and set it for "old fashioned" and the drop down menus should go back to they way they were before, all listed out at the top and bottom of each page.

Thanks savant365. I'll take a look. I don't mind the drop down menus per se. I just think the order needs to be changed to keep up with the times.

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
I would suspect that you will find a myriad of personalized option favored by everyone.

When Marc built this site, he provided for all possible menu selections...and I would assume there is no logic to the order...

Just because one person may have an issue with the order does not mean their preferred order is acceptable by others...however, there is always the possibility that each person may have the ability to personalize his or her pull-down menu...(doubtful though)

Right now it ain't broke...so why fix it :thumbsup:

I guess whether or not it is "broke" is a matter of opinion. It is certainly painful to use on anything other than a high resolution screen. Considering that smart phones, tablets, netbooks, and other smaller resolution screens are becoming much more common, it is only a matter of time before people start complaining about the usability of this site under such formats.

Gee, I thought that "suggestion box" implied that we could make suggestions about how the site could be better. According to stefan, there is nothing broken about the site so this forum can evidently be removed... ::)

S

stefen

According to Stefen, we were discussing the drop down menu...not the entire site

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
According to Stefen, we were discussing the drop down menu...not the entire site

I see, so as long as something is deemed "usable" you have no desire to make it better or improve upon it? So why do we need this forum again (since this flawed logic can be applied to any given thing on the site)? Or is it just that YOU have decided that the menu is fine and no one else's opinion could possibly matter?

I'd like to hear what others think. If I'm all wet then fine. No problem. I just don't subscribe to the "world is only black and white" mentality. Something can be both "not broken" and "needs improvement".

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
savant365 said:

Of course, you'll be missing the latest greatest updates if you do that.

I HIGHLY recommend using the Default layout.

:icon_thumleft:

I rearranged the MY STUFF menu a bit mts... thanks for your feedback.

Marc

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Marc said:
savant365 said:

Of course, you'll be missing the latest greatest updates if you do that.

I HIGHLY recommend using the Default layout.

:icon_thumleft:

I rearranged the MY STUFF menu a bit mts... thanks for your feedback.

Marc

Some of us don't like it when things change, you should see the version of Yahoo I'm still using :tongue3:

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Marc! I really appreciate the quick response. I'm using this from a netbook and I don't have to scroll anymore. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions