cairnterrier

Greenie
Mar 24, 2020
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On April 1, I purchased a Vanquish 540. I have used it everyday except one. This morning I returned from a 2 hour hunt where I found 11 quarters, 4 dimes, 7 nickels and 19 pennies. Nothing real old but I was very happy especially with the nickels. Upon my return home, my wife said that she thinks that she could get into metal detecting. She stated she likes looking for deer antlers (sheds),morels (mushrooms) and thought that looking for coins would be fun. Casually, I said yea you probably would like it. Then without her knowledge, I ordered her a Vanquish 540. It should be here tomorrow. It will be a good surprise. I really like the Vanquish 540. I think it is a great little detector. I hope she finds more coins than I find. If so, she will be hooked!

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I ordered my 540 as a backup to my Nox 800. But also the hope that my wife will go on a hunt or two with me. Plus one of my sons hunt with me using his Ace 250. The ACE is decent, but the 540 will be better for him when he goes hunting with me.

OP
OP
C

cairnterrier

Greenie
Mar 24, 2020
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife went with me on Saturday and Sunday with her 540 Pro. She is killing the quarters, dimes and the pennies. She has yet to hit the nickels. I totally understand that since the nickels I hit have been 12 and 13. The pull tabs hit in that range as well. With that said, if my 540 hits a 13 and locks on that number, it is usually a nickle.

OP
OP
C

cairnterrier

Greenie
Mar 24, 2020
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dual vanquish 540's

opie2.jpg

Dual Vanquish 540's, my wife and I returned to one of our favorite places to detect. In 2 hours, this field produced 24 Quarters, 15 dimes, 1 nickel, 13 pennies, 1 James Monroe Dollar Coin, one Guatemalan Quetzal Coin, one ring and a key. The field that we detect is an area about the size of half a football field. We have been there 5 times and I think we will return again. By the way, my wife found more quarters and dimes than I. She also found the James Monroe Dollar Coin. I am proud of her.

Curlymaplebandit

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the 540 to back up my Nox, and be able to drag some people along as well. Interesting on the monroe dollar, I pulled one a couple months back.

Congrats on finding a hunting buddy so close to home!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vanquish may be off to a slow start because of the Simplex hype but i would let anyone hunting with the Simplex give my Vanquish a whirl and pretty sure they would be hooked. Very quiet and stable performer. Ive been using it more than the Nox because of the 12” and 8” coils.

OP
OP
C

cairnterrier

Greenie
Mar 24, 2020
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love both coils especially the 8". I am so lucky that my wife loves to metal detect with her 540 as well. She is a competitor. Yesterday, we went to the same park. At quitting time, we sat in the car and looked at what we found. We were only detecting for an hour and a half. The dimes were singing to the 540. I just knew that I had found more than her. I started counting my coins. i had 11 quarters, 14 dimes and 4 pennies. She then emptied her bag. She had 11 quarters, 14 dimes and 9 pennies. She beat me by 5 pennies. I am kinda glad I lost to her!

CygnusX1

Jun 19, 2018
Covington, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Equinox 600 - Nokta Pinpointer, Xtreme scoop and handle.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also looking to get my wife into the hobby. I think the 540 will fit her nicely.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Cool stuff but he/she who digs the most pull tabs/nickels finds the most gold rings. Just a thought.

HH ALL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread