Ordered the Nox 800 Tonight

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was tough because I was leaning more toward the Deus RCWS4. But it came down to saving $360 and the impression the 800 might be more versatile for my conditions. I prefer to hunt undeveloped woods looking for colonials but I'm also surrounded by bays and ocean.

I've had fun researching the new technologies. Watched lots of You Tube videos. Spent plenty of time on manufacturer's websites. Read many posts here also noting what people are using. I have already read the operating manuals for both the 800 and Deus. I considered the White's MX Sport, their attempt to stay in the game, but I prefer multi-frequency and built-in rechargeable systems.

I think my White's Spectra V3i is a competent machine. I have well over 500 hours on it since I bought it last August. Have made many great finds. I'm annoyed a rubber leg fell off and one of the battery compartment closures snapped off. Most of all I'm not happy it isn't waterproof. Don't have to worry about rain anymore. Compared to the 800 and Deus it looks clunky and is heavier. I question its depth and processor speed. But I will find out by going over my hunting grounds which I know well. And I will factor in how easy is to pass by targets, to discover a target next to one of my old holes.

Plus i like the idea of having another machine to train and lend to some friends who want to learn the sport.

My beautiful GW button that I found and recently sold paid for all of it. I'm determined to find another.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nox 800 was a great choice.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a GW button would blow my mind��

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NOX 800 is a good machine. I sold mine, had all the coils as well. Went with an XP DEUS. I found plenty with the NOX, but for some reason my ears could not adjust to its tone nuances. DEUS uses a sliding scale. Much more refined for my ��’s. Good Luck and good choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread