What's new

Oregon Coast detecting

Mezrein503

Full Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2010
Messages
122
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hillboro
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lo all, I am getting ready to start doing beach detecting on the Oregon Coast. I just read that the Garrett Ace 250 doesnt handle wet sand all that well. I'm curious to know which detector will handle wet sand, not cost a lot and work well on regular land as well. Send some suggestions

Thanks much as always and HH!
 
Upvote 0
Any of the Fisher CZ's or the minelab multi signal machines will handle the wet sand. :icon_thumright:
 
I just came back from 5 days at Cannon Beach and Seaside, Oregon, and my Tesoro Tiger Shark was excellent on both the dry and wet sand. Found some coins, mostly quarters, lots of foil, bottle caps, big iron nails, etc. No jewelry. The 4th the beaches were packed. Good luck, Niffler
 
Ooo, ya those are both way outside my price range. One of the reasons I was looking at the garrett 250 is because I can find them on ebay for around 150, or brand new for 200...

As well as hunting the beaches, I am hunt a lot in parks, playgrounds, ball fields, schools and soon to be creeks, rivers, and lakes. I'm really needing to find an all purpose detector that I may just need to change to different coils on, not have several detectors for specific purposes, (until I win the lottery that is, :) ) that way I can go just about anywhere and do general hunting at like 6 to 10 inches.
 
Check out Crackbadger's videos on beach hunting the ACE 250. He kills with it. I know on my machine (also a cheapy) I have to turn the sensativity way down in the wet sand. Take some items to the beach and experiment with the wet sand. Unless you are going to spend most of your time on the beach, go with the ACE.

-Fathead
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom