Orx Charging System

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am considering an Orx and have tried finding out what comes in the package to charge the various components. I would hope that it comes with a charging cord that can charge the control box, phones, and coil at the same time. I would not want to charge each component separately. Also, does anyone know if the Deus wall charger with three cords is compatible with the Orx? Thanks

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, yes the Deus and ORX, both made by XP are completely compatible and use the same charging cables. If the package you are looking at advertises the 3 dongle cable then yes you can charge all three off one usb plug and their cable. I have both the Deus and ORX, which is the one I got first. It is a great machine, just doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Deus. Sometimes, at least for me, the bells and whistles can get in the way and over-complicate a simple process. I found lots of great stuff with the ORX, and will probably never get rid of it. It's a great backup as well as just a great meat and taters detector.

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am considering an Orx and have tried finding out what comes in the package to charge the various components. I would hope that it comes with a charging cord that can charge the control box, phones, and coil at the same time. I would not want to charge each component separately. Also, does anyone know if the Deus wall charger with three cords is compatible with the Orx? Thanks

Yes, and yes...

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Love my Orx! Super deep machine. Yes you can charge remote, coil and phones all at same time, It has 3 charge cords together running off of one charging cord that you can plug into a iPhone charging block.

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my ORX. I have actually bought several detectors since but usually just grab the ORX. Mine did not come with this 3 in 1 charging cable but I got mine 2nd hand and it hasn't been an issue. I usually charge the headphones for about 2 hours and then either charge the control box or coil overnight and have never had any problems. I suppose if your the type that hunts multiple days in a row for 10-12 hours you might want to consider something else but usually I can charge and get several days or weeks on a single charge. The headphones last 2-3 hours so I charge them almost every time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread