What's new

OTWBTTC ? or a sign of the future?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After talking about researching last time, I thought I'd try my hand at it again.
Now, nothing big but I did discover that one of the sports fields I've been frequenting
wasn't always laid out the way it is today. One of the ball fields was moved and turned in
a different direction. It went back to the early 40's.

So I went back there today. Same old place, but armed with this little known piece of info,
it seemed brand new to me. I started seeing where things were in the past. It's basically just
an open field now. I still wandered like a blind squirrel but with a difference! I had a loose plan.
And....it felt really good!

For the most part I got what I usually got but as I was "OTWBTTC" and making my last pass over
what I figured to be the home plate area, I got a '39 wheat cent. Then, less than 3 feet away, a '41
Wheatie! I said to myself "WHOA!" and I started to circle my wagons. I went about 4 feet to the left
and another wheatie! '47! I gotta tell ya! MAN! That felt good!

But, it was late in the day and I was pooped! So I took special note of exactly where I was and moved
on toward the car. I didn't want to leave and was still looking pretty hard. I got this funny sounding
penny hit. Kinda mixed but part of the mix was a pretty strong 70. I dug.

2015 (727).webp
Look waaaaay down in there! :)

2015 (729).webp
2015 (728).webp


2015 (726).webp
I checked the hole again to be sure and this teeny
piece of iron was laying just above the ring. So, that
was why the strange hit. Plus the ring is bent.

Now, I gotta ask, if you dug this next thing up, what would you think you had?

2015 (717).webp

i almost pitched it in the trash pouch but it looked like it might
warrant more study later.

When I got home I was surprised to see this come out from all
that dirt.

2015 (718).webp

I said WOW!! I broke out my halogen flood lights and went immediately
back up to the field, lit it up, found the spot where it came from and started
looking through every blade of grass for that HUGE diamond
that must've fallen out of it!! ;) LOL

2015 (719).webp
This is the overall take for the day. Notice how the variety of my finds have
changed and how there are fewer clad coins? A good sign, methinks! :)

2015 (720).webp2015 (721).webp
AND....and...and!!! IF...this is REALLY what I think it is! It is a lifelong search
come true for me! For whatever reason, with all the looking I've done,
I have NEVER found an arrowhead! 8-)!!

2015 (722).webp
2015 (723).webp
I think Fishy is thinking restoration! ;)

2015 (724).webp
The lil ring Blingie's got his eye on I believe is
silver & turquoise, not marked but it melts right thru ice.
Silver drought is over!

If this was the final hunt for me this year, I could go out happy!
Lots of good things happening in this one little hunt! I hope
it's an omen!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read all this meandering!
I am pooped! BUT, very happy!
 
Upvote 40
Nice ring and bling! Love the arrow head to. Great feeling for sure. Glad you got out and had a good day. It's always better when its a "good tired"
 
Oh what a beautiful day! I can feel your excitement way over here. Congrats!
 
Awesome post, sounds like you had a really great time with a little research and a new vision. I must say, you really went out with a Bang Whadi :occasion14:
 
Very nice day well done
 
Just a plain little ring, but I like it!
 
Pooped! Now come on, you know you will be back out there tomorrow! Lol! Congrats on the digs!
 
Just a plain little ring, but I like it!

I have always been a fan of simple. A simple, tiny little silver & turquoise ring, at the right time, in the right place, PERFECT!! :)
Doesn't take any more than that to end a rather lengthy silver drought and maybe begin a new path. We'll see. :)

Thanks!
 
Anyone else have opinions on the "arrowhead"? How do I tell? Is this what they call a bird point?

Another thing. The ring isn't marked at all. Silver & Turquoise? Indian jewelry? :icon_scratch:
 
A wonderfull treasure romp you had! Congrats nice ring and arrow head!
So...that is what we are calling it....OTWBTTC!!! What ever it's called it is responsible for some Awesome finds!
Well would you look at that! Everybody has goodies, and they are happy!
Looks like your thinking out side the "box" worked!
Nicely done Sir!
Looks like an arrow head, but can't tell Ya, I'm still looking for one. The edges do look fluted like they were created by chipping. :)

I was stuck home Sunday....detected the back yard! $2.09 in clad and a mystery piece of junk jewelry I don't recognize.
 
Last edited:
NICE RING FIND AND BLINGIE HAS TURQOISE TASTE AND FISHY GONNA BE A TV STAR ...
 
Nice research, good finds.
 
That's a great hunt, congrats on the bling and the point, looking at the size it's pretty small.
 
Sweet. Your research Karma has found you.
 
That's a great hunt, congrats on the bling and the point, looking at the size it's pretty small.

Yeah, I know. Kind of makes it even more special to me, as a first!
For any who've been wondering, I've been asking over on the Native American forum and they seem to agree. It's small, slightly damaged,
point. I think it's what was called a "bird point". Made for small birds etc.

Thanks!
 
Nice job on rethinking your plan of attack
 
Nice job on rethinking your plan of attack

Thanks! But, ya know, I think I could have only kept up being happy with "just" clad, for a very short time more.
Anyway, I remember enjoying doing the research, long ago. So, I'm just beginning to get back into it. Time will
tell if I can still succeed like I once did.

Gotta admit, knowing where home plate "used" to be, and THEN, finding wheaties right where they should be. Man! That was fun!
 
Well done!!! Happy to see a good hunt this late in the year for you!
 
Your swansong hunt of the year? Are you in Siberia? HAH! Now THAT was a great hunt, with goodies from 2,000 years old to present. Whadi, go back and grid the heck out of that field and find us some more jewelry! Congrats, Sub 8-)

PS: Some tips regarding home plate and human mechanics. Right handed batters throw the bat to the left. Rings on the left hand of batters fly off to the left of home plate. (Most batters are right handed.) I have found many rings in that area and behind the chain link backstop on the left side. OK, Dr. Sub will quit talking out of his ^$$ now...
 
Last edited:
Your swansong hunt of the year? Are you in Siberia? HAH! Now THAT was a great hunt, with goodies from 2,000 years old to present. Whadi, go back and grid the heck out of that field and find us some more jewelry! Congrats, Sub 8-)

I'm not sure where the rumor, that this was my last hunt of the year, got started but I GAAAR-OOON-TOLYA, it ain't gonna be. I can't go back to the same spot during the week, but I am researching and planning on a hunt tomorrow. Old/busy place, circa 1800, I'm sure it's been hunted before but if my research bears out my suspicion, there's an area of the land that just might be a hidden gem. Doesn't look like much of anything......today. BUT! It was a small hub of early activity back then! :)

Stay tuned..... ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom