Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out yesterday and today trying to get time in at the farm before planting starts. He got a 36 silver and a very nice 1899 V nickel. I got a little bell and the middle flat button that dates to the 1890s I think. This was the first time we dug glass embedded with wire. Got to add 2 new headstamps to the collection. He got a very sturdy harmonica piece. Got a rimfire shell too. We have found a lot of rivets but this is the first one we found with a fancy R. If anyone knows anything about the weird nail/screw thing or the long ribbed valve stem core, please let me know. The weather was awesome and hoping for more of it! Hope you all get a chance to get out there!

Attachments

• 20240219_190654.jpg
    20240219_190654.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • 20240219_191007.jpg
    20240219_191007.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20240218_195412.jpg
    20240218_195412.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 30
I wonder if that bolt was made that way so that when the nut was tightened the other end prevented the bolt from turning.
The longer one is some kinda air valve stem as the little end has that little thing in the middle where you fill the air and put the little cap on.

impressive haul, what's the coin-like object to the left of the imperial flat button? Is that a coin?
That is a very toasty wheat cent. Most stuff there comes out nice as it is very sandy but that one didn't.

Got out yesterday and today trying to get time in at the farm before planting starts. He got a 36 silver and a very nice 1899 V nickel. I got a little bell and the middle flat button that dates to the 1890s I think. This was the first time we dug glass embedded with wire. Got to add 2 new headstamps to the collection. He got a very sturdy harmonica piece. Got a rimfire shell too. We have found a lot of rivets but this is the first one we found with a fancy R. If anyone knows anything about the weird nail/screw thing or the long ribbed valve stem core, please let me know. The weather was awesome and hoping for more of it! Hope you all get a chance to get out there!
I think Sandog had the best use for the nail/screw thing with posts as an exposed decorative nail head to hang something by threading a wire through. Kinda like pic I'm adding only with 2 with wire through them for hanging a scroll or something. Thanks Sandog!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223_062407_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_062407_Google.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 4
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

What is the item to the right of the imperial button?
Congrats on some great finds!
Hi! It is all that remains of a little pen knife. I liked the fancy design. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back