OUT AT SEA TODAY!!

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
All,

I am out to sea today (Hunting mines). No chance of MD'ing today for obvious reasons. For the "Old Salts" in this forum, isn't technology a wonderfull thing? Imagine sending e-mails and surfing the Internet while out at sea!! I have only been in the Navy 17 years and if someone had told me this would be possible back towards the beginning of my career, I would have thought they were crazy!!

Well, good luck to everyone!! I'll be out there in your neighbor's back yard late next week.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

Upvote 0
Hunting mines? hopefully you're not local, LOL!! good luck and safe journey navychief.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? kenb

I dont know about that NC. If I was in your shoes I'd want an MD out front, preferably with a Loooooonnnngggg handle on it. Thanks for doin' what you do! And hey....Let's be careful out there!

NC..Like I said in a different thread..Thanks for your service.

Hope U find everything you are looking for.(or at leaset some gold) :D

Dave

Your country appreciates the job you are doing! I appreciate the job you are doing! Come home safe and may tons of gold grace your scoop! ;D

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It really means a lot. If you ask any police officer, paramedic, or military service member you will find out that hearing a "thank you" once in a while, really makes it all worth while.
Most people really have no idea what sacrifices we make on a routine basis in the military. I have been only married for about five months and here in a couple of weeks, I get to kiss my wife good bye and tell her I'll see her again in seven months "hopefully".
Please don't think I am complaining though. I am just stating the facts. I know it's an all volunteer military and this is the life I chose.
On a good note - the pay checks during the deployment will be outstanding!! (tax free status baby!!) I definitely see a new beach detector in my future!!
Oh by the way (to the person who was asking), I am stationed onboard a mine sweeper. I am the Operations Dept. Leading Chief. We are the guys on the ship who actually operate the SONAR and mine neutralization vehicle.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

WTG Chris...As I said before, my son is 3 years in the Navy, leaving soon for Bahrain. Good luck to you on the deployment.

Dave

Hi there.
My first post here. totally hooked on MD, just need to get a better metal detector than
this chead tandy model i iuse, hoping to pick up a 2nd hand minelab soon.
I'm in the Aussie navy , mine warfare division, been minehunting/sweeping since 1993.
glad to see another mine hunter.

stay safe chief.

mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back