What's new

Out detecting with my Mrs and daughter :) good times haha.

bainsey

Full Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
182
Reaction score
257
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I managed a few short hunts metal detecting recently and also managed to get the Mrs and daughter to come down and show me how metal detecting should be done !

It was really nice to get the daughter detecting and she absolutely loved it and wants me to buy her a metal detector now so that she can come out with me. Maybe I will have to get her a Garrett ace 150 or something ?

I want to apologise in advance for the wind noise, it was blowing an absolute hooley!

I hope you enjoy the video and please give it a thumbs up and subscribe :)

https://youtu.be/40fOeTJULMA

Settings used on the Makro Racer were three tones, gain 95, id filter 25 and the rest as standard with a good ground balance.

Happy hunting all.
 
Upvote 14
Nice finds! It's great you got the family out there detecting too! GL HH!
 
Ringo!! "I've just just dug up me lost drumstick!!" :laughing7: Your videos always make me smile :hello:

Nice to see your nice daughter and the lovely Mrs. Bainsey joining you on this hunt! Tell her I enjoyed the modelling segment with the detector :occasion14:

I have found something very similar to that little plaque with the P on it. Mine had no letter and I can't remember now if I found it in England last time I was on holiday there with my family. I'll have to try and find it.

Hope you found enough coins to pick up some fish & chips for your tea on the way home :thumbsup:
 
Hi and thanks for the kind comments everyone, Erik you make me smile haha, the plaque with the letter P on it has been identified as a 19th horse brass.

Andy
 
Thanks Andy--always enjoy your videos mate! Thanks for the ID on the 19th c. horse brass. Any idea where on a horse it was used. I have almost an identical one to yours with the scalloped corners.
 
Thanks Andy--always enjoy your videos mate! Thanks for the ID on the 19th c. horse brass. Any idea where on a horse it was used. I have almost an identical one to yours with the scalloped corners.

I'm not to sure buddy but I think they were fastened to a leather think that was hung over the horses shoulder ?

Andy
 
a thumbs-up.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom