63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally stopped messing with the computer this evening long enough to go out for my first short hunt "in the city" in about 6 years. The XLT worked just fine, the new 4 x 6 DD Snooper Coil also worked just fine as did the wireless earphones and the brass probe worked about as good as ever but indicated I need to carefully start cutting plugs East Bay clay is tough stuff especially with lots of tree roots.

Probing for a target is an art form I historically did well with but that was in softer dirt. This evening was not a total loss as I did pinpoint, probe and find what is likely a key to one of the apartments in the unit I live in, or used to be more than likely. So in short the XLT and I can still work together.

View attachment 777508 On the very left of the picture is the 4 x 6 DD coil with this evenings key target laying across the attachment ears. Then come the TDK wireless earphones and sending unit, my brass probe, a container of double sided velcro for keeping the cable controlled on the shaft (bought it at Home Depot) and in the background the control box for the Spectrum XLT. An OK beginning as a test of the entire package.

It was a short hunt, setting was Stock coin & jewelry program, and I did not record #'s, bars, icons or depth but all of them worked just fine with the little 4 x 6 DD though I doubt if the depth values are actually correct. I will go back with the Lesche and confirm one or two targets that I could not locate with the probe. Everything worked just fine together though I should confess I did send the machine in to White's a few years back, a rivet between the box and the handle needed work, and they did check it out electrically, I believe they added a ground wire.................63bkpkr

This is new to me but if you click on the attachment # the picture will come up.

Last edited:
THANKS FOR SHARING, IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 4X6 DD FOR MY DFX, ANY OF YOUR THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES ARE APPRECIATED--HH

Digging, I now own two 4 x 6 DD coils, one for the XLT and one for the GMT. I've one short hunt with the xlt and the coil worked great and when there was more than one target I could tell that. I've used the GMT with the 4 x 6 may times and I really like it as it will get into tiny places and it does find the gold.

For me additional coils for any machine is a good thing, large or small depends on where you are hunting, go for it ......................best of luck 63bkpkr

Thanks TT! yes the wireless are really nice, they make detecting a lot more fun!

Hey 63! How's it goin? Where did you get those wireless headphones for your XLT? Really interested in getting some! Thanks!

Hi Shadowcat,
I purchased them from newegg online. Check their coupon area in case they are on sale, could save you some $

They are TDK model # WR700HP. A fellow Tnetr suggested putting Velcro on the electric box and a small piece on the sending unit to help keep it from swinging down into harms way, works well. In the picture you can see I also added a right angle adapter plug 1/4" to mini from Radio Shack Land.

I really enjoy using them as they have very good audio response for detector or stereo music and no wires while detecting to get in the way. I take mine backpacking and as they are an all plastic unit I treat them carefully and carry them in a snap tight lidded food storage unit, works well for headphones/sending unit/right angle adapter/batteries & kitchen sink..............63bkpkr

I finally stopped messing with the computer this evening long enough to go out for my first short hunt "in the city" in about 6 years. The XLT worked just fine, the new 4 x 6 DD Snooper Coil also worked just fine as did the wireless earphones and the brass probe worked about as good as ever but indicated I need to carefully start cutting plugs East Bay clay is tough stuff especially with lots of tree roots.

Probing for a target is an art form I historically did well with but that was in softer dirt. This evening was not a total loss as I did pinpoint, probe and find what is likely a key to one of the apartments in the unit I live in, or used to be more than likely. So in short the XLT and I can still work together.

View attachment 777508 On the very left of the picture is the 4 x 6 DD coil with this evenings key target laying across the attachment ears. Then come the TDK wireless earphones and sending unit, my brass probe, a container of double sided velcro for keeping the cable controlled on the shaft (bought it at Home Depot) and in the background the control box for the Spectrum XLT. An OK beginning as a test of the entire package.

It was a short hunt, setting was Stock coin & jewelry program, and I did not record #'s, bars, icons or depth but all of them worked just fine with the little 4 x 6 DD though I doubt if the depth values are actually correct. I will go back with the Lesche and confirm one or two targets that I could not locate with the probe. Everything worked just fine together though I should confess I did send the machine in to White's a few years back, a rivet between the box and the handle needed work, and they did check it out electrically, I believe they added a ground wire.................63bkpkr

This is new to me but if you click on the attachment # the picture will come up.

That's a big 'ol key you got there! I use the 350 Snooper with my XL Pro, but it's posts like yours that tempt me into getting a 4x6 too. Shame on you! ;)

THANKS FOR SHARING, IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 4X6 DD FOR MY DFX, ANY OF YOUR THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES ARE APPRECIATED--HH

The Eclipse 4x6 DD for the DFX is a handy little coil. It separates the targets exceedingly well and gets very good depth. If you don't plan on ever moving to the V-series (V3i, VMX, etc) you can pick up a non-"V" rated Eclipse 4x6 pretty inexpensively since everybody wants the "V" rated coils these days.

a4wdguy, I just do my best to help a fella out with keeping his wallet from getting too uncomfortable to sit on when it is so overloaded with bills...............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back