What's new

packages from Grim Reaper and Quito!!

ncnurseryman

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
803
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big day in the mail today. Received two packages of points from Grim Reaper and Quito. Wow guys! Thanks so very much for donating some fantastic points for my collection from around the country. I really appreciate it. Here's a couple pics. Thanks again guys.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131116_153432.webp
    ForumRunner_20131116_153432.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 240
  • ForumRunner_20131116_153509.webp
    ForumRunner_20131116_153509.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Beautiful collection and great friends.
 
That's a years worth ;) congratulations
 
You are very welcome Paul. I'm glad you liked them and happy I could help.
 
I'm almost always eager to help a guy out. Now you can say your states collection has begun. Don't give it up, and keep us posted as you progress.
 
A nice start on your state collection:icon_thumleft:, you are going to need more frames:laughing7:That's the kind of problem to have( not enough frames).
 
You are right Rack, I will need some more cases. I actually took out a lot of pocket knives out of this one for the points.
 
Very much so, especially the points from SD. I can't believe how small they are. I'm guessing they used small bows and shafts too???
 
I've read the Indians used smaller points for hunting and larger points for warfare. Is this true? Or was it based on the tribe and the materials they had at their location.
 
Not sure fongu.

Quito, didn't you say that those small points were used for buffalo. Man, that would take some real brass balls.
 
Not sure fongu.

Quito, didn't you say that those small points were used for buffalo. Man, that would take some real brass balls.

Yes I did. But I think they used them on everything from bunnies, prairie chickens, & enemies to buffalo.

Larger dart points and many knives are often mistaken for the usually much smaller arrowheads.
.
 
What's cool is that they are so small and fragile. It must have taken a really talented artisan to make them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom