What's new

Nevada Artifacts from 9/9/25

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,910
Reaction score
47,582
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mild temps and partly sunny weather, just what I've been waiting for!
Took a (long) drive to a place that usually pays off for me. It's the same place where I found two big obsidian blades last year about the same time.
The place seemed pretty 'sanded in' on this trip, but plenty of small points were laying around, waiting to be picked up!
Nothing too terribly old here, maybe 2300 years on the outside.
A M.O.P. bead or part of a pendant, and a couple of beads made of Olivella shells. The smaller one was a type they used like sequins on skull caps woven from sagebrush fibers, used to reflect the heat of the sun. These were Paiute (Digger) Indians.
IMG_0028.webp


Here's a better pic from once I got home.
IMG_0041.webp


Also a jasper preform, a quartz scraper, and a really pretty chip.
IMG_0042.webp
IMG_0043.webp

IMG_0010.webp
IMG_0011.webp
IMG_0012.webp
IMG_0014 2.webp


This is a rather unusual type of obsidian:
IMG_0024 2.webp


A great day out in the dez!
 
Upvote 0
Oh, forgot to add this pic of a metate that was sticking up out of the sand!
I left it there (I have way to many of these already).
It's about 20" long, about 8" wide and about 1 1/4" thick
IMG_0021.webp
 
That grey striped one is a beauty. I don’t know what it takes for an arrowhead to make banner, but that’s a top shelf find in my opinion.
 
What a great hunting day you had.
There's some really great looking pieces.
Congratulations

For some reason I can't stop thinking about my high output leaf blower when looking at those layingin the sand.🤣
 
What a great hunting day you had.
There's some really great looking pieces.
Congratulations

For some reason I can't stop thinking about my high output leaf blower when looking at those layingin the sand.🤣
Funny you would say that. Years ago a friend I used to hunt with tried that at one of the sandy places we used to go. He said he would briefly see a point or a bead but then it would disappear again just as fast! :laughing7:
I don't think he ever tried it again.
 
Funny you would say that. Years ago a friend I used to hunt with tried that at one of the sandy places we used to go. He said he would briefly see a point or a bead but then it would disappear again just as fast! :laughing7:
I don't think he ever tried it again.
Needed to learn the fine art of feathering/fanning the air.
But I can totally relate on "Now you see it-Now you don't"
Probably Mother Nature does it just right.
It's a patience thing 🙏
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom