jerseyben
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2010
- Messages
- 5,216
- Reaction score
- 2,180
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NJ Pine Barrens
- Detector(s) used
- T2 SE
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
Medical question for Crispin:
Ok so I take a large dose of propranolol once daily. About 2 years ago I started having a "sleep disorder". I wake up in the night and I am convinced it is time to go to work. I will often stare at the clock for up to 5 minutes before I finally realize it is time to go back to bed. Sometimes I wake up my wife and tell her it is time to get up or ask her when she is planning on getting up. Sometimes I remember this happening but sometimes I dont. Usually she tells me it is only 11pm and then I go immediately back to sleep.
I noticed that about 9 months ago it got worse. I really think it is stress induced as it seems to happen almost daily when I am stressed out or very busy at work. I typically wake up shortly after going to bed (like 1030 or 11). I read that it could be a side effect of the propranolol. Sometimes I wonder if the propranolol even does anything positive for me.
Crispin, what are your thoughts about this? Any suggestions or helpful comments?
Ok so I take a large dose of propranolol once daily. About 2 years ago I started having a "sleep disorder". I wake up in the night and I am convinced it is time to go to work. I will often stare at the clock for up to 5 minutes before I finally realize it is time to go back to bed. Sometimes I wake up my wife and tell her it is time to get up or ask her when she is planning on getting up. Sometimes I remember this happening but sometimes I dont. Usually she tells me it is only 11pm and then I go immediately back to sleep.
I noticed that about 9 months ago it got worse. I really think it is stress induced as it seems to happen almost daily when I am stressed out or very busy at work. I typically wake up shortly after going to bed (like 1030 or 11). I read that it could be a side effect of the propranolol. Sometimes I wonder if the propranolol even does anything positive for me.
Crispin, what are your thoughts about this? Any suggestions or helpful comments?


Just like in regular medicine, sometimes the pharmacist knows something over the counter that may be even better.







