Greenie
May 16, 2012
Emerald Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all,

I moved out to Palmdale, CA a couple of years ago. I had been detecting the saltwater of FL with my Excal and miss the thrill of the hunt. I am wanting to get back into the "swing of things" and do some detecting out here. The problem is I have no idea where to start. The ground in my back yard seems to be harder then concrete, and I wonder if its the same throughout the area. Is there anyone that lives in the area that has any pointers, tips or tricks.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive done a ton of hunting in the mojave.For me its mostly south of cajon but the same things should apply.

1)use google earth to check out uninhabitated areas outside of yours,look for evidence of homesteads,they are everywhere out there
2)sometimes just the absence of vegatation on an old trail will clue you in.there will ALWAYS be bottles and cans.
3)there was mining activity in your area..research that and take a recon trip into the mining areas.
4)anytime you are on pearblossom hwy,395 or any keep your eyes open.telephone poles to nowhere,footing etc.

hope it helps..gl and have fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions