What's new

Pancake lock age and a unidentified..

artyfacts

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
1,355
Golden Thread
3
Location
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to get a date and info on this pancake lock I dug today. Also the reed type thing. It came out of the muddy ground looking like 14K gold. Its two inches long x 1/2. Arty
 

Attachments

  • 1 19 11.webp
    1 19 11.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Back.webp
    Back.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 258
The reed thing is part of a Model T coil
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2011-01-19 at 9.45.38 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-01-19 at 9.45.38 PM.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
creskol you are right on with the ID. Have you been messing with these coils before? Any idea on the metal used on this?
 
Upvote 0
I think they were brass with a high zinc content, but I am not 100% sure on that.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks creskol for your quick response and great ID. I have to ask again, were you already familiar with the model A coil? That was cool. I did contact David, still waiting for a response. I also found that the padlock I dug on a rarity scale of 3 to 9 is, a 7. Arty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom