Panhandle Bank Robbery

huntd

Greenie
Nov 6, 2010
There is a documented story of a man who robbed a bank in either Childress, or Chilicothe? Texas, somewhere in that area atleast before the turn of the century. He was shot in the attempt and escaped with some money I think...(I dont know if it was dollars, or gold...) he made his way to a cave in Childress and died there. The possemen found him in there dead I dont think they ever found the money if there was any. The cave is on private property now it's referred to locally as Dead Mans Cave, for obvious reasons, its even written on the wall. Ive been in there. Theres lots of carving of names and dates in there dating back to the 1800's one says Texas co. Cavalry or something similar theres lots of history in there.

Theres no chance of treasure being buried in there unless it was way in the narrow back tunnel Im going back to see this winter.

Anyways I was wondering if any treasure has been found in that area, if so it could be related. Or if anyone knows more about this story. Im curious to know how skewed the story I heard is from the original.

-Dallas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread