What's new

Panticapaeum stater

Joined
Jun 8, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Dont got one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PXL_20251108_021908603.webp
 
Upvote 2
I found it on my property in Kingston Georgia. It appears that it was concreted in the ground down my driveway. Its weight is 4.8 and I have nothing to lie about and any one who don't believe me, well honestly I don't care. I was just seeking advice and trying to share what I found and I would share a little more about what I learn and know but I see no point because of all the drama and arguing. How did I find it and what did I use........nothing. I was just walking down my driveway and after living here for 39 years noticed that some the round things I seen wasn't gravel and after everyone telling me that it was nothing, I had took a piece of paper and laid across one of the round items and lightly scratched across it with a pencil that it appeared to be an image of a face on it. After doing a little research I realized that I had found a ancient coin. Lydian Lion, Roman coins, and Greek coins. So I thought Id pick up all the round things I found. While finding the round ones I notices some green rocks so I picked them up because it appeared that i could make a face out on one, so I decided is pick up all the green rocks. After that I noticed that some of the of the other stuff had faces on them too. So I'm picked up all kinds of stuff and been putting it up while everyone doubted me. But I did some more research and it turn out that my grandpa and his dad where treasure hunters,( Homer Ellis Worthington and his dad Homer J. Worthington) and I didn't know nothing of it. It all started when my mom ask me to ask her A.I. a question, so I ask it what treasure was concreted in the ground near Kingston Georgia and turned out my grandpa and his dad had something to do with it. So I dug little deeper. My biological grandmother Geneva Falls left my grandpa with his 5 children , in my opinion because of threats over the treasure and my grandpa remarried a woman name Janice Norton and her dad was a guy named Frank Norton and his land kinda joined into my grandpa's. Frank Norton owed about 202 acres and the treasure was found by my grandpa on Franks land. Homer J was in my opinion killed over it by a guy named Malcolm Davis but the government covered it up cause the guy had alot of pull and was a member of the KGC. Anyways the guy Malcolm Davis disappeared after that and in my opinion was killed by my grandpa for revenge because he killed his dad and got away with it because of the corruption. You can believe it or not, I don't really care either way. Anything else?
Most stators are not perfectly round. They were struck using a hammer and not by a mechanical device. So the Stators are out of round.
Take a look at these examples:
Screenshot 2025-12-06 at 2.52.12 PM.webp
Screenshot 2025-12-06 at 2.50.12 PM.webp


The second one is a great example with the cracking of the gold. T
Your claim that it's this type of gold stater is really stretching it in my own opinion.

I will say there has been over 800 different types recorded in Britain alone.
Experts have recorded hundreds, and likely thousands, of distinct major types and minor variations of gold staters from the ancient Greek world.

So nearly a blank disk that is perfectly round you figured it was that type of gold Stater.

Here is my own that I dug 50BC that weighs 6.347 grams. Once again you will notice that it's not perfectly round. Crudely struck actually.

20251206_152535.webp
20251206_152523.webp


Actually I should have asked for was a picture of your pencil rubbings of your coin.
That would probably show how you arrived at the conclusion that you did.
Then maybe all our doubts would be arrived.
 
I know if I ever got into a pissing contest with Red-Coat or pepperj, I’d be humbled real quick.
 
Most stators are not perfectly round. They were struck using a hammer and not by a mechanical device. So the Stators are out of round.
Take a look at these examples:View attachment 2236293View attachment 2236294

The second one is a great example with the cracking of the gold. T
Your claim that it's this type of gold stater is really stretching it in my own opinion.

I will say there has been over 800 different types recorded in Britain alone.
Experts have recorded hundreds, and likely thousands, of distinct major types and minor variations of gold staters from the ancient Greek world.

So nearly a blank disk that is perfectly round you figured it was that type of gold Stater.

Here is my own that I dug 50BC that weighs 6.347 grams. Once again you will notice that it's not perfectly round. Crudely struck actually.

View attachment 2236295View attachment 2236296

Actually I should have asked for was a picture of your pencil rubbings of your coin.
That would probably show how you arrived at the conclusion that you did.
Then maybe all our doubts would be arrived.
Wrong, when I say I know, I know! I'm not debating. I know. Lol
Most stators are not perfectly round. They were struck using a hammer and not by a mechanical device. So the Stators are out of round.
Take a look at these examples:View attachment 2236293View attachment 2236294

The second one is a great example with the cracking of the gold. T
Your claim that it's this type of gold stater is really stretching it in my own opinion.

I will say there has been over 800 different types recorded in Britain alone.
Experts have recorded hundreds, and likely thousands, of distinct major types and minor variations of gold staters from the ancient Greek world.

So nearly a blank disk that is perfectly round you figured it was that type of gold Stater.

Here is my own that I dug 50BC that weighs 6.347 grams. Once again you will notice that it's not perfectly round. Crudely struck actually.

View attachment 2236295View attachment 2236296

Actually I should have asked for was a picture of your pencil rubbings of your coin.
That would probably show how you arrived at the conclusion that you did.
Then maybe all our doubts would be arrived.
 
Wrong, when I say I know, I know! I'm not debating. I know. Lol

Then, could you please explain the weight discrepancy pointed out in post #11 and also what you meant by 'fossilized diamond'? [second time of asking].
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251207-104322.Google.webp
    Screenshot_20251207-104322.Google.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 45
That's just what I currently had close bybar hand.
I deleting my account. I have nothing to prove I was just needing advice not a bunch of debating and people try to make like I'm making stuff up. Y'all get bored drive on over to Georgia. Lol no offense to anyone. Thanks
 
That's just what I currently had close bybar hand.

But that AI-generated answer is wrong. Provide a link to any reputable numismatic source that shows a Panticapaeum stater with a weight as low as 4.8g.

You still haven't answered what you meant by 'fossilized diamond'.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom