parents just got a house on the palm coast .........

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You have Flagler Beach to hunt and northward. Stay clear of Washington Oaks. It is a state park with zero tolerance by the park manager. North of Washington Oaks is Marineland and Flagler's River to Sea Preserve. South of Washington Oaks is Hammock Dunes and Jungle Hut. Jungle Hut is the name of the road with a terminus to be a small seaside park with beach access. Hammock Dunes is just up the road from there. South of Flagler is Ormond Beach and south of there is Daytona. Good luck and be sure to ease into the hunt, the sand can be very difficult to walk on. Be sure to have strong calf muscles. Also, careful digging in the wet sand. There is a natural formation called coquina that will be unforgiving to your scoop.

OP
OP
pinebarrens1

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks diver ..... is there and woods hunting in the areas . with some history ?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
History? You are kidding, right? The area reeks of age. St. Augustine will be celebrating it's 450 anniversary in a couple. Most of it is private, but permission is easy enough to get. The only problem is that you want to be inland during the winter as it is too hot any other time. Plus the vegetation will be dying back along with some of the "wildlife". Spring, Summer, and Fall pound the sand. Winter head inland for some prime relic hunting. I find a lot of success in the Palatka area. Right outside of Palm Coast is Bunell, FL. Very old town. Just up the road a little ways is the town of Espana. It is considered a ghost town, even though it is still occupied.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey pinebarrens1,

Diver_Down knows where of he speaks. I made the mistake of trying to extend my woods hunting into the season and wound up with about 20 ticks, one of which may have given me a present that I am on horse pills to get rid of.

I have done lots of research on the local area. Most of the old plantations are locked up. Bulow is now a state park. St. Thomas was bulldozed under Palm Coast, some say around James Holland park. Mala Compra is on A1A, but is a archeological dig site. The land where the Buena Vista plantation was donated by an heir and is now Washington Oaks State Park. Fort San Diego is under a golf course and the houses near it, as best I can tell.

There are a few spots that I have found, but I won't be heading back until December / January.

Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread