What's new

Park hunt silvers

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,289
Reaction score
207,369
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that the crops are planted, I needed to scratch an itch.
It's been years since I have been to these 2 parks.

First park I dug a few deep targets. A couple if pennies. Less than a hour, got tired of flipping goose turds out of the way to dig.
20250519_154506.webp



Second park was down on the St Lawrence River.
I have detected this park many times with 4 other detectors.
Dug a lot of silver and other coins out of this small parkette.

I used the TEKKNA program this trip in the park, mainly on the strip along the bank above the beach.

Kind if sounded like an iron patch, but all the signals were 45-79. So I cherry picked everything above 80.

The oldest penny was 1920, 39, 40, 43 45
The Wheats were 45, and 2-44s.
20 coins from this small grass strip.
20250519_171248.webp


The silver quarter 1943, 1942 dime
Kind of a wartime activity in this parkette.
20250520_052624.webp
20250520_052553.webp


Tried the beach for a Giggle. A piece of India jewelry, a dime, a eaten zinc penny.
This is the second piece of sand I have detected with the Deus 2.
Dug 31 tabs, dozen pieces of can slaw, of different degrees. No scoop, just my paw and the Leche.

What's interesting is the beach strip had a lot targets. So either it was just cherry picked or not too much detecting on the strip of sand.
20250519_174236.webp
20250519_182417.webp
20250519_172924.webp
20250520_051801.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 41
That’s nice hunt. Had you hunted the strip with the coins before?
 
That’s nice hunt. Had you hunted the strip with the coins before?
With 4 other detectors

Plus another guy hunted it with me, we were both using the Deus 1 detector

I have seen another person in the parkette as well detecting the grass and beach.

The beach area is 150ft long
This strip is 60ftx10ft(Photo)
The whole lawn area along the bank is 300ft long, bowl shaped.

I've got 10 silvers from this little strip.
Overall I have gotten a silver Half dollar, around 8 quarters, a couple dozen dimes. Mostly from the 300x10ft strip.
This quarter was half the Leche red handle down.
 
Congratulations on your silver success and I'd love to see a good pic of the 1943 wheatie!
Thanks for sharing and being such a great part of this site, Pep.
 
Congratulations on your silver success and I'd love to see a good pic of the 1943 wheatie!
Thanks for sharing and being such a great part of this site, Pep.
Thank you

I'll have to dig out of the penny drawer, and clean it up a tad.
Well that's not going to happen.
Did the yrs by memory and it was a 1943 Canadian.
1945 Wheat
Sorry for the confusion.
 
Last edited:
I found this disc on the beach. Now I know it hasn't been detected hard.
It's not that new.
Probably off a make up container.

20250520_220942.webp
 
Nice work Pepper.
I like the way that you describe your posts
always with great detail .
 
Now that the crops are planted, I needed to scratch an itch.
It's been years since I have been to these 2 parks.

First park I dug a few deep targets. A couple if pennies. Less than a hour, got tired of flipping goose turds out of the way to dig.View attachment 2208868


Second park was down on the St Lawrence River.
I have detected this park many times with 4 other detectors.
Dug a lot of silver and other coins out of this small parkette.

I used the TEKKNA program this trip in the park, mainly on the strip along the bank above the beach.

Kind if sounded like an iron patch, but all the signals were 45-79. So I cherry picked everything above 80.

The oldest penny was 1920, 39, 40, 43 45
The Wheats were 45, and 2-44s.
20 coins from this small grass strip.View attachment 2208874

The silver quarter 1943, 1942 dime
Kind of a wartime activity in this parkette.View attachment 2208870View attachment 2208871

Tried the beach for a Giggle. A piece of India jewelry, a dime, a eaten zinc penny.
This is the second piece of sand I have detected with the Deus 2.
Dug 31 tabs, dozen pieces of can slaw, of different degrees. No scoop, just my paw and the Leche.

What's interesting is the beach strip had a lot targets. So either it was just cherry picked or not too much detecting on the strip of sand.View attachment 2208869View attachment 2208872View attachment 2208873View attachment 2208875
Awesome finds man. Congrats on a good day's dig!
 
Looks like it kept you busy, that's quite a few recoveries. Good job!
 
Now that the crops are planted, I needed to scratch an itch.
It's been years since I have been to these 2 parks.

First park I dug a few deep targets. A couple if pennies. Less than a hour, got tired of flipping goose turds out of the way to dig.View attachment 2208868


Second park was down on the St Lawrence River.
I have detected this park many times with 4 other detectors.
Dug a lot of silver and other coins out of this small parkette.

I used the TEKKNA program this trip in the park, mainly on the strip along the bank above the beach.

Kind if sounded like an iron patch, but all the signals were 45-79. So I cherry picked everything above 80.

The oldest penny was 1920, 39, 40, 43 45
The Wheats were 45, and 2-44s.
20 coins from this small grass strip.View attachment 2208874

The silver quarter 1943, 1942 dime
Kind of a wartime activity in this parkette.View attachment 2208870View attachment 2208871

Tried the beach for a Giggle. A piece of India jewelry, a dime, a eaten zinc penny.
This is the second piece of sand I have detected with the Deus 2.
Dug 31 tabs, dozen pieces of can slaw, of different degrees. No scoop, just my paw and the Leche.

What's interesting is the beach strip had a lot targets. So either it was just cherry picked or not too much detecting on the strip of sand.View attachment 2208869View attachment 2208872View attachment 2208873View attachment 2208875
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom