This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 836
Upvote 0
FANTASTIC! It's great to see some good artillery posted here. How many frags are you lacking from it being complete? Do you plan to reconstruct after electrolysis?

Cheers,

Buck

That's a different kind of fine , thanks for shareing :icon_thumright:

nice finds, i also hunt in winchester :icon_thumright:

Funny I work in Charles Town. I do most of my hunting in Fauquier Co VA though. Grew up there and know the land better.

BuckleBoy said:
FANTASTIC! It's great to see some good artillery posted here. How many frags are you lacking from it being complete? Do you plan to reconstruct after electrolysis?

Looks like I'm missing more than half, but I have the underplug so thats nice. I'm an artillery nut.. I even run my frags through electrolysis. A few weeks ago I found a nearly pristine Confederate Borman time fuse in the same area. The combo will make a nice display.

Attachments

• P1010856.jpg
    P1010856.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 491
I think the funny looking bullet in the lower left is a McKee and Mason shotgun slug. If thats the one you are referring to.

Good finds! I found my first canister ball last week.

That bullet is a .69 Nessler. The reason they are called that is because the style was taken from the French/Russian Nessler design that was used in the Crimean War. They were produced in Raleigh, North Carolina at the school for the deaf and blind. Early in the war the school even printed paper money for the Confederacy. A lot of people say they are shotgun slugs but they were really meant for the .69 smoothbore musket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back