What's new

parts from horse reins?

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
9,427
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect the large ring is from horse reins. Not sure about the small point but it looks old :dontknow:

Any information would be great!

IMG_5386.webp
IMG_5388.webp
IMG_5390.webp
IMG_5391.webp
 
That is true, I don't think I will ever be able to say for sure. However, it matches the material and diameter. If it also matches the gauge, thats 3 points of relation. If it matches all the physical properties of a suspected purpose, thats a decent match (but not conclusive). If the exact same ring was produced for other purposes, some of those purposes should be able to be identified as employing the same 3 properties.

Could it have had a completely obscure function? Absolutely. More obscure than a carousel ring? Yes, I suppose thats a very real possibility.

I am not sure I follow your logic .. call it what you will.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom