What's new

PCGS: $5000 reward for first 2019 W quarter found!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,417
Golden Thread
0
Location
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen this on their website? They are giving $5000 for the first W Mint quarter sent in to them for grading. It will have a special insert that says “pcgs first discovery” on it. How sweet would that be? Then you could probably sell the slabbed coin on eBay for $$$$ too!
 
Upvote 0
Let the hunt begin!!!
 
I would say that we have our own " FIRST TO REPORT on TN" of any CRH that submits a pic of a W qtr., but it cannot be taken from an existing picture i.e. from the mint report.
Also give the date, time, and place where found. Let's make it a FUN HUNT, good luck to everyone.
 
They are already being found and sold on eBay for 100 bucks.
 
I’m on the board! Found this ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555700922.931861.webpW Mint Lowell Park quarter in $160 of Mariana Is rolls. Kinda weird- it was the only Lowell coin in all 16 rolls. Literally as if someone threw it in the middle of the batch.
 
Congrats, baddbluff. I don't hunt quarters, but I intend to give a whirl for the summer. My eyes will be bleeding looking at mintmarks, but all just part of the hunt. Would you mind taking photos obverse/reverse outside of the plastic. It looks like a fantastic strike inside the bag. I have all the San Fran business issues, and the strikes have been tremendous almost proof-like. Whether more care is taken with the dies or greater striking pressure, something causes the better strikes than what is found with Philly/Denver. With the tiny mintages of the business strike San Fran issues and the tiny mintages of the West Point issues, I would expect the same.
 
Baddbluff: congrats, and slab that baby in a 2x2. Thanks for the pic.
 
Mine went for $55 with shipping!:headbang:
 
Prices are now about $35. That too will drop. The 2nd Marianas Islands quarter is now out also.
 
Good info, great cat....................................h
 
Its always someone else who finds em lol
 
I spent 200 on rolls only found 1 2019 p rrrrrrhhh I did buy a 2019 online I have to have all 5 and send them to pcgs
 
I went through a solid box of 2019's and got NOTHING! Not even a decent error or clip.
 
Sold my W for $35
Now I gotta go get another one
I think they’ll probably eventually be a $5ish Coin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom