What's new

Peace River

Ninjafossils

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
679
Reaction score
345
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys. I'm planning on going to the Peace River with my father for fossils this Sunday. This will be our second trip. That being said, I am curious to know the alligator situation that is going on there and how to deal with it. I've read multiple posts and pages that say that there are plenty in the river, but they are generally docile, not attacking people that don't aggravate them. Still, I'd like a second opinion and some advice.
 
Being away down here, can't offer any opinion on your area. Just watch each other's back, and happy hunting.
 
There is no alligator problem.. They don't want anything to do with you.
During mating season...don't mate with them.. ;-)
 
We just had a bunch of rain yesterday... Hopefully the water doesn't rise too much for you.
I like it at 2' or lower.
 
Last edited:
graph-1.webp
 
Thank you for the confirmation gator. We knew rain might be an issue. But we're giving it today for the water to become less cloudy, then I'm snorkeling for big stuff while my father sifts.
 
Best of luck to you.
You might give up on snorkeling and sift...if you do.. Look for rocky sections on the bank and find associated material just below and down current
 
The water level needs to be pretty low for good clarity
 
I'm still gonna try. When did u take that pic?
 
Good luck and hope to see some good pictures. Agreed gators have not been an issue for me either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom