Pennsylvania relic hunting

L

lairdn

I just joined this web site and I was wondering if anyone has found any relics in or around Franklin county PA. any where from Waynesboro to Chambersburg, then to the Adams county line? My brother and I just got into metal detecting about a month ago and we started in Caledonia state park. We did find a couple of little things in the picnic area. I was just wondering what people have found and generally where there might be coins or just other relics.

Thank you so much for and advice.

Mr. Mojo

Jan 9, 2007
Hummelstown, PA
Detector(s) used
Exp II
You are sitting on a relic gold mine. How many times did the Army of the Potomac enter this area? I think every summer. A little research and you should have multitudes of sites. I have done land surveys in your area. Rt 16 and the conocheage in particualar is a good site.

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very new at this. I looked at a map of Caledonia state park and did not see RT16 anywhere. Does it go by the park?

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1-2 miles west of Caledonia on Route 16? I found rt 16 but nothing on conocheage

Mr. Mojo

Jan 9, 2007
Hummelstown, PA
Detector(s) used
Exp II
Find Greencastle, go west on 16 about 2 miles to creek crossing.

Your in Red Lion correct? If you follow Rt 74 to Delta, there is an intersection before Delta with a diner, then a Holiday Inn / Best Western 1/2 mile south. There is suuposedly a Poplar Grove in the area of the creek between diner and motel on 74. I would hope on the right side, that would be less disturbed by road and fill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread