tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day before our first forecasted snow and temps to go well below freezing I decided to dig up a bell pepper and jalapeño pepper plant, pot them and put them in a sunny window indoors. Both are doing great. I made tacos last night and spiced them with a fresh picked jalapeño. Little blossoms are starting, so who knows I may be getting a fresh peppers all winter.

Attachments

• 20231202_072542.jpg
    20231202_072542.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20231202_072620.jpg
    20231202_072620.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 20231202_072748.jpg
    20231202_072748.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Good for Tamrock! I harvested all my remaining peppers the first week November. Global warming is extending my pepper season. I don't get full sun in my garden so the peppers are slow to grow. They seem to kick it into high gear in September. I hope your window garden keeps producing for you!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!

If the window light isn't enough (or the days aren't long enough), you can hang an LED plant light over them. With enough light, they should keep making peppers for a long time. You can hand pollinate them with a paint brush. I don't know if they need to be pollinated to produce a pepper, but ia soft paint brush works great for the task and it only takes a minute. The blooms only open for a day or two, so you have to keep an eye on them.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for Tamrock! I harvested all my remaining peppers the first week November. Global warming is extending my pepper season. I don't get full sun in my garden so the peppers are slow to grow. They seem to kick it into high gear in September. I hope your window garden keeps producing for you!
They do loose a bit of heat from the the summer months outside. I wonder if that might have to do with the hours of sunlight they get ?. They don't get near the hours of sunlight in this window.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!

If the window light isn't enough (or the days aren't long enough), you can hang an LED plant light over them. With enough light, they should keep making peppers for a long time. You can hand pollinate them with a paint brush. I don't know if they need to be pollinated to produce a pepper, but ia soft paint brush works great for the task and it only takes a minute. The blooms only open for a day or two, so you have to keep an eye on them.
I've been looking at those bar type led grow lights for these and other plants.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice move with the pepper plants.
I dug up one of the basil plants and moved it in doors.
Still producing great and the cats leave it alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread