Perfect day to dig lots of holes

madcow_number_6

Dec 28, 2007
Russellville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 4
The weather couldn't have been nicer for feb 2, and the missus was out of town for the day so I took off for the woods with my md in tow. During the 8 hours at work every day that I spend day dreaming of places to hunt, I came up with the bright idea to hit the old swimming holes out in the woods where my friends and I would do our misbehaving. People have been camping and getting drunk and stupid at these swimming holes for years. Great places to loose stuff right? The clothes come off so you can swim in the creek and oops there goes whatever was in the pockets........ mixed in perfectly with all the TRASH!

OH JEEZE! I have never been to a trashier place! Bad signals every few inches. Can Slaw, Pull Tabs, Bottle Cap, Brass Cartridges in Every Caliber, and Broken Glass in almost every hole!!

I had a good time swinging and still found a couple of neat things but I think I'll leave those places for when i feel like performing community service cleanup.

O.K. I'm done griping here's the rewards (minus the pocketful of broken beer bottle bits, the unidentifiable globs of metallic goo and a fistful of pultabs):

Attachments

• KIF_3139.JPG
    KIF_3139.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 498
  • KIF_3142.JPG
    KIF_3142.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 500
  • edited.JPG
    edited.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool key, hope you get some more neat stuff

HH
-GC

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Once you get the junk outta the way, you ought to find some good stuff. Love the key.

HH,
Moon

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I like that key! I'm hoping I'll find one too. Good luck.

Pepper

OP
OP
madcow_number_6

madcow_number_6

Dec 28, 2007
Russellville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 4
The key was the weirdest thing i found, not because its an old key but because it was stashed under a flat rock in the latrine area. At this particular site the commonly designated potty is a tire set up on stones 40 ft. from the camp, within arms reach of that there was a flat rock. Got a tone on the rock flipped it over and woohoo a key. Weird i tel ya.

The bullet casing has me confused. I've never seen a handgun cartridge necked down for a smaller bullet like that before, and the 22 and 35 on the bottom just makes me scratch my head even more.

Happy Hunting to all

fireman7115

Jan 14, 2008
arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
The shell could be from a Russian Tokarev pistol. It fired a a 7.62 X 25mm round. 7.62 necked down to a 25mm, if so cool find not alot of them around. Also love the key.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
necked down pistol cartridges.
.400 cor-bon
.357 sig
.30 luger
7.62x25
some rat shot rounds come like that also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread