What's new

Perfection on sluice set up

Assembler what kind of sluice do you use and what river do you mainly work? I have a Keene, a Bazooka and a LeTrap and I work a feeder to the Middle Yuba and a feeder to the Trinity.
My main river sluices are a Keene A52 with the riffles swapped with heavy expanded, a 48” Bazooka Prospector and an original Canadian made LeTrap sluice. They all need different conditions and feeding. My opinion is that conditions out in the wild are constantly changing and it’s almost impossible to get it perfect. Up in my high up spots the flow changes based on the heat of the day and snow runoff. I have also worked locations below dams where the flow would change. Assembler has been giving weird feedback for years, he’s actually driven people away from the forum by blowing up their posts with off the wall and sometimes outright dangerous suggestions.
Thanks for your input.
For in stream the Gold Hog stream sluice.
 
Any piece of equipment is only as good as the person that is operating it and his knowledge of how to operate it correctly !
The limits of any given equipment needs to be checked out as well with a set up.
Flow rate of water is an important factor to consider.
The number of available dropouts for the gold is also a factor.
 
Last edited:
My main river sluices are a Keene A52 with the riffles swapped with heavy expanded, a 48” Bazooka Prospector and an original Canadian made LeTrap sluice. They all need different conditions and feeding. My opinion is that conditions out in the wild are constantly changing and it’s almost impossible to get it perfect. Up in my high up spots the flow changes based on the heat of the day and snow runoff. I have also worked locations below dams where the flow would change. Assembler has been giving weird feedback for years, he’s actually driven people away from the forum by blowing up their posts with off the wall and sometimes outright dangerous suggestions.
Ah yes, Assembler... I've been here long enough to know that sometimes he gives some feedback about things that you never thought of. Sometimes it's things you never wanted to think of.

Thanks for the feedback. Surging rivers during run-off also make it interesting trying to set something up.
I run a 6" X 28" Sluice 1" Diamond expanded metal over ribbed carpet I do my best to get a good flow that cleans out the light stuff in about 10-15 seconds even running at a higher flow as long as I see small pebbles getting trapped by the 1/8" metal I am happy. My Sluice catches pickers and extra fine Gold so I don't even worry about Gold not getting trapped in the ribbed carpet. Most of the time I pan out 18-25 colors just wish I could feed the sluice more then 3 hours lol. Good luck BT. ⛏️
Thanks as well! This is pretty in line with what I'm doing. Making sure it clears at a decent pace, holding onto some material behind the riffles.
 
Feedback is needed at times for a conversation.

Most will setup the best they can and not worry about the losses.
 
This is the same sluice I use in Clear Creek, Boulder Creek, South Platte River in Colorado. Easy to setup if there is enough flow.
Hopefully it is the same as Assembler was claiming to own and use.
Great, well built sluice.
IMG_6649.webp
 
This is the same sluice I use in Clear Creek, Boulder Creek, South Platte River in Colorado. Easy to setup if there is enough flow.
Hopefully it is the same as Assembler was claiming to own and use.
Great, well built sluice.
View attachment 2264756
Yes, the same one and fairly easy to set up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom