What's new

✅ SOLVED Perforated copper strip

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,179
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks sorta familiar, but, I just can't put my finger on it. It was folded in half when I found it. I straightened it out for the photo. It's about 3 1/4" long (85mm), 10mm wide in the center, and 18mm wide on the ends.
 

Attachments

  • copper strip.webp
    copper strip.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 103
Maybe a old ground strap for a old radio/TV ? Seen something similar on the floor of a TV antenna station out in the sticks I delivered bottle water to many years ago. Just a shot in the dark.
 
Upvote 0
Your find is part of an outdoor electrical service drop wire clamp, used to provide "strain relief" for the electrical wire. Some are made of copper, and some are aluminum. See the photos below.
 

Attachments

  • clamp_cable-clamp_strain-relief_on-telephone-pole_TN_postedbyBigCypressHunter_telephone.webp
    clamp_cable-clamp_strain-relief_on-telephone-pole_TN_postedbyBigCypressHunter_telephone.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 147
  • clamp_cable-clamp_strain-relief-clamp_bottomview_TN Ripvanb_1495656861_494943.webp
    clamp_cable-clamp_strain-relief-clamp_bottomview_TN Ripvanb_1495656861_494943.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 55
  • clamp_cable-clamp_strain-relief-clamp_topview_TN Ripvanb_1495656804_353235.webp
    clamp_cable-clamp_strain-relief-clamp_topview_TN Ripvanb_1495656804_353235.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 57
  • clamp_electrical-service-drop-wire_P-clamp_separated-view_TN_postedbySmallfoot_102_0465.webp
    clamp_electrical-service-drop-wire_P-clamp_separated-view_TN_postedbySmallfoot_102_0465.webp
    218.1 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
That's where I remember seeing that part! Thanks CBG!
 
Upvote 0
I've found many of those but even more of the other part that CBG posted. Nice to finally know..
 
Upvote 0
Same here. I've found a few, but, they were complete, not just that one strip.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom