What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED perfume bottle cap?

aShardOfHistory

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Messages
376
Reaction score
2,650
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 1 (current)
Deus 2
i have found 2 of these on a field that gives a lot of 1550s to 1950s finds with 1500/1650 and 1800/1900 hotspots.

both are the same size with a wide thread inside suggesting a quick on'n'off like a bottle lid. they seem to be made out of lead

any ideas towards identification or dating would be much apreciated
 

Attachments

  • IMG20231031221523.webp
    IMG20231031221523.webp
    204.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG20231031221353.webp
    IMG20231031221353.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
I found a similar one and was told it could be from a container of black powder. Lead would prevent accidental sparking.
The design on yours would make me rethink that theory though. I don’t see that as a gunpowder design.
 
Upvote 0
I found a similar one and was told it could be from a container of black powder. Lead would prevent accidental sparking.
The design on yours would make me rethink that theory though. I don’t see that as a gunpowder design.
You mean something like a gunpowder bottle thing? I know what you mean. It would be interesting considering it’s a flower with 2 leaves/branches

Would love to see yours, and yes lead would make sense
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom