What's new

Permission + Helping Others = Silver!

Ed-D

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
429
Reaction score
810
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to toot my own horn, but thought it was a good story.

There's an elderly lady at church who lives in an a vintage home in the historic center of town. I know she has a large back and side yard so I asked if I could detect it, which she happily said yes to. When I got there I noticed a large limb down in her yard so I asked if she needed me to take care of it. She was very happy and also said that her storm cellar was flooded due to all the recent rains. So before I hunted I cut up the large fallen limb and pumped out her cellar... then I hunted.

I got a 1959D roosie and 3 wheats - 1917, 1945, and 1946. I only had time to do a part of the back yard so I am planning on going back as soon as I can.

Cellar.webpMDing Wanda.webpJune-1.webp
 
Upvote 38
atta boy! Take care of people - the rest takes care of itself. well done.
 
Great job.!!!!!
 
Good deal!! Now wait til talk gets around and more permissions come.

Hope that yard gives up more silver for you!!
 
You're a good man Ed! :thumbsup: Congrats on the coin finds too!
 
Nice job. Karma will surely follow.
 
You did the right thing, helping others in need. you were rewarded with those wheats and the rosie. Hope there are many more for you to find on that earned permission. :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks for making all us MDers look just a little bit better! Congrats and good luck!
 
It is nice to read of our detectors helping before hunting a property,it gives the hobby a good name. Good finds also. Should be more old coins and relics there.
 
Now that is the way to do it !!! Nice job helping her... I hope you find some more great coins with all that good karma coming your way.
 
Great story, doing good is its own amazing reward.....but the silver doesn't hurt.
 
This kinda story brings a tear to your eye....Okay but Congrats on the great rewards!
 
Good Job, and
Good luck on your return visit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom