Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Do you REALLY go through all of those steps to dig when you get a signal?? :o :o

OK, MY opinion...

I think that if you're advertising to metal detect someones property, and you're showing all those excellent finds on your website, the people who give you permission to hunt will be expecting you to find that kind of stuff on their property and will likely be wanting their "share"... And if you told them you keep everything you find, except obvious lost items and/or heirlooms, I doubt very seriously you'd have much luck getting anyone to let you detect... I know if you asked me to detect and said you'd share your finds, I'd be much more likely to let you detect and dig my yard than if you told me you keep everything....

Folks nowadays want something for nothing, not nothing for something...

Also, by advertising on your car that you'll search, it seems to me like there would be a lot of "can you help me find (enter item name here), requests without them expcecting you to find anything else... Errr, keep anything else.... Too many folks are so paranoid these days about lawsuits, psycho's and what have ya.... I do wish you luck though... Let us know how it turns out...

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gold Digger. And Yes I do go through those steps when I am on someone elses property and they are watching me. I have found that most people I ask about detecting their property are worried about what I am going to do to their lawns. I designed this page so the property owners questions are answered before they ever contact me. My treasure chest is on the page to entice them and start them day dreaming of what is in their yard.

As for my magnetic signs and people just contacting me to search for their lost items, I believe what ever it takes to get me in the door is better than what I have now. If I do find their lost items I am sure they will talk about what I did for them to their friends and family and that might open other opportunities for me.

D

deacon

Interesting ideas. Good luck with them.
Keep us posted on how it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions