Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My heaviest score yet. These look Persian to me, marked 900 and hallmarks I can not make out. Solid silver though and heavy! $3.99ea 15.2 oz total, one weighs 7.4 and the other 7.8.
The silver streak continues for us T netters 20190617_182747.jpg20190617_214559.jpg20190617_204456.jpg20190617_220051.jpg

Nice find, but how sure are you they're Persian? Not that I know, but they do kind of have a look of Siam silver. Like the uranium glass, which looks like an older piece.

Yeah, I can see Iranian in design. Pretty cool find.

Thanks all, Could very well be Iranian. I just was on eBay and saw some Persian ones and thought they looked pretty close. I have never seen this style before I bought them, thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Nice find, but how sure are you they're Persian? Not that I know, but they do kind of have a look of Siam silver. Like the uranium glass, which looks like an older piece.
Thanks, I bought the uranium glass too just because it was uranium. It looks ugly unless it's glowing, I should have left it haha

Those are incredible finds! That’s something I haven’t found yet is middle eastern silver. Well done!

Thanks, I bought the uranium glass too just because it was uranium. It looks ugly unless it's glowing, I should have left it haha
Back in the 90s that uranium glass was selling for a lot more on eBay then they do today. I've seen collections of that glass in china cabinets lite-up with a black light. It looks really cool all glowing in a dark room. Now it's re-made in China and you can pick it up pretty cheap. The older depression-era stuff, still sells higher than the new stuff. I see green glass it the thrift stores, but I don't have a black light on hand to see if it's for sure the radioactive stuff. Maybe something to look out for on the hunt.

Back in the 90s that uranium glass was selling for a lot more on eBay then they do today. I've seen collections of that glass in china cabinets lite-up with a black light. It looks really cool all glowing in a dark room. Now it's re-made in China and you can pick it up pretty cheap. The older depression-era stuff, still sells higher than the new stuff. I see green glass it the thrift stores, but I don't have a black light on hand to see if it's for sure the radioactive stuff. Maybe something to look out for on the hunt.
I bought a small uv black light flash light from harbor freight for 6 bucks, you should get one

I bought a small uv black light flash light from harbor freight for 6 bucks, you should get one
Really, there's a habor freight about 15 minutes from me. I sometimes buy and resell some stuff from there to my customers. Mostly air tool oil and alfa numeric stamping sets.

Nice score, congrats! :occasion14:

Really good score it does pay off very once in a while

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back