Personal Best!

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
8) Today was absolutely great for getting out and swinging a detector. I would guess it got up near 60, sunny, no wind. I worked up the nerve to go do some asking to hunt some new sights. Earlier this year I had saw a tent revival in a big open Field. So I stopped asked and 15 minutes later was off and hunting. Now I didn't get rich but I did finally find over a dollars worth of clad in one outing, 1.06 to be exact. The guy that owned the land was surprised I found anything. He invited me back anytime. Since I have the next to weeks off I am gonna work it a section at a time and try and cover it all. I sure wish I had the 12 coil I was gonna buy and didn't. The best thing was I only found a couple trash targets.

Also found a pretty old High school that has been closed for years the owner was not home but I know who he is at least. The next door neighbor said he wouldn't mind but that the place had been hunted to death. So it wouldn't do me any good to waste my time. Yeah, I'll be going back it just looks to good to pass up. ;D

HH All and I would like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! To those traveling be extra careful it will be crowded on the highways.

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm so jealous of you southeners! Sixty degrees sounds like heaven!

Good luck in your hunts.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
yes weather was great here too , 54 saturday will be 57, good too get out, i'll be out most the day, hope i do better then today,

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Hunted out? Don't buy that. I found some of my best in so called hunted out spots. Let us know how it turns out. Need to find me an old school like that.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas!

Very nice finds...and I hope you do well at the school!

;)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
haupin said:
I'm so jealous of you southeners!? Sixty degrees sounds like heaven!

Good luck in your hunts.
Yes It Is Great This Time Of Year But , Next Summer When You are Out Hunting, I Will Be Only Thinking about it. Best of Luck & Merry Christmas trk5capt... 8)

OP
OP
Hoggtyed

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
Went to a really new school today. Found 36 cents 1 quarter, 1 nickel, 6 pennies and 2 peices of of schoolyard type jewlery. Best part was since the school is so new almost zero trash on the play grounds. All in all a great day...... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread