What's new

PETRONEL..............

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,594
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might not be very old or made of gold like some of my other finds but it has a special place in my heart. The Cannon pictured are a fairly common UK find. But a complete Petronel, Fishtailed musket from circa 1640s is a great find in anyones books. They are highly collectable & this one is worth over £100 (not that I'm selling).

They were filled with black powder & fired for fun!

When ever I do displays, people comment on this item even though they see the gold coins. Shows it captures the imagination of those that have little interest in metal detecting & history.
 

Attachments

  • best1.webp
    best1.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,450
Upvote 9
i want to find one of those cannons my uncle has one and hes fired it
 
Iron Patch said:
I like that better than almost everything you post! :D
I have to agree with IP,I think that is the coolest find that I have ever seen.
CRU,you really know how to make all of us on this side of the pond want to hop on a plane
and spend some time digging on the other side.
Congrats on a super and remarkable find :icon_king:

fortbball9
 
Sorry, had to get this to the top again, its one of my fav's ;D
 
Monty said:
Fortunately black powder is plentiful and easy to get here in the USA. I shoot it in my old muzzle loader rifles for deer hunting. I would be tempted to build a little miniature wheeled carriage if I had one and fire it to celebrate holidays. There are a lot of the carbide cannons still around too. But I find such things very interesting, more so than coins even. Monty
monty go to youtube, type in newburgh jammers and look for my cannon test firings, there are many music videos of local talent on there, but only 2 of me firing my black powder mini cannon.............NGE
 
Great finds Iam sure some where brought over here by people as keep sakes now its a matter of finding them :laughing7: really good stuff there :thumbsup: Dd60
 
Deepdiger60 said:
Great finds Iam sure some where brought over here by people as keep sakes now its a matter of finding them :laughing7: really good stuff there :thumbsup: Dd60

They are found in the US/Canada, well at least the cannons, not seen any petronel's yet but it could happen
 
I love digging old toys but I have never dug any that awesome! I would say they would be my favorites also!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom