picked up an stove to scrap...free$$$ or waste of time???

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hello, I picked up a 4 burner range (stove) to scrap today thinking it was aluminium, then I realized the one in my house isnt aluminium but probably stainless steel, so I figure the similiar one in the back of my truck is also not aluminium. Does anyone know if they can be scrapped and whether or not it is worth it? Is there anything in particular I can do to get the most money out of it, at the scrap yard? Any and all feedback is appreciated, I am new to the concept of keeping my eyes open for oppurtunities to make free money...

Thanks.

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Most of any stove I've seen is steel. Depending on whether it is a gas or electric model, there will be wiring, brass fittings, etc. that I would separate, then the rest goes into the scrap steel pile.

HH

Old_Okie

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Good advice already given.

Most stoves are steel. Scrap the copper and brass off of it. There might be some aluminum too if it is gas.

Free money is free money. You won't get rich scrapping a single stove...but it is a good score if the scrap yard isn't too far away.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
clovis97 said:
Good advice already given.

Most stoves are steel. Scrap the copper and brass off of it. There might be some aluminum too if it is gas.

Free money is free money. You won't get rich scrapping a single stove...but it is a good score if the scrap yard isn't too far away.

Pull the wiring then Scrap the Steel It adds Up Fast!!! Take in that water heater also leave a little water in the Bottom!!!! Chug

I pull in 30 to 70 a month on them

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stove could be SS if it is strip as much as you can as SS is more then metal.......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions